Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #29,341 of 148,568
@Jason Stoddard.

Do you think the dual rca outs will eventually make it's way to the mimby or bimby?
At this point I keep trying to figure out the best way to send my modi multibit dac to both my headphone amp and stereo amp. I'm not convinced that using by headphone amp as a preamp is the way to go....
But dual outs would solve this...im not ready for the gugnir yet.

Thoughts....

By the way, to paraphrase mike...the magni 3 has a phuk-ton of power. Just past 9:00 on the dial on lo gain. Plenty loud enough!!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #29,342 of 148,568
@Jason Stoddard.

Do you think the dual rca outs will eventually make it's way to the mimby or bimby?
At this point I keep trying to figure out the best way to send my modi multibit dac to both my headphone amp and stereo amp. I'm not convinced that using by headphone amp as a preamp is the way to go....
But dual outs would solve this...im not ready for the gugnir yet.

Thoughts....

Some high quality y-splitters should do just fine. I have some audioquest solid splitters and they are very good.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #29,343 of 148,568
Some high quality y-splitters should do just fine. I have some audioquest solid splitters and they are very good.
Me too.

Looks like these may be the same, but with channel markers (not really necessary), and cheaper:
https://www.parts-express.com/parts...male-to-(2)-right-angle-female-black--091-515
https://www.parts-express.com/gold-rca-y-(1)-male-to-(2)-right-angle-female-red--091-510

And these might make routing the cables easier, or not:
https://www.parts-express.com/rca-male-to-dual-rt-angle-rca-female--091-1045

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #29,344 of 148,568
My Jotty still comes in BLACK, and when I eat rice crispies, it kinda sounds like I'm listening to tubes...

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #29,345 of 148,568
Schiit indeed happens! Just try ordering a Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp!

You should know that if you order the Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp, you will see it shown as “backordered,” with a shipping date that at this writing is two weeks out, i.e., week of March 6.

If your experience is like mine, once you get within days of that date, the delivery date will be whisked away from you by another two weeks. You will not be told this... you will have to look at the web listing for the Mjolnir 2 to see that the backordered receded by a week or two, which you can confirm by signing in and looking at your individual order’s (new) delivery date.

There is no explanatory email sent, you are left to find the delay yourself.

And it happens repeatedly. When I ordered on December 27, the date had just moved from week of December 29 to week of January 22. Then when I was within a week or so of January 22, the date moved out to week of February 15. Then when I was a week or so from that date, the shipping date moved out to week of February 22.

Now, one day before February 22, it has moved out to week of March 6.

The Schiit Director of Operations informs me that they have been deploying their limited production facilities to products for which they sell more units, including the Magni 3. They don’t really sell that many Mjolnir 2s.

I feel like this poor donkey trying to get the carrot! I understand that Schiit is considering renaming the Mjolnir to the “Mirage.”

I would cancel the order. And order a Magni and buy a lot of musical content :)

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #29,346 of 148,568
Schiit indeed happens! Just try ordering a Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp!

You should know that if you order the Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp, you will see it shown as “backordered,” with a shipping date that at this writing is two weeks out, i.e., week of March 6.

If your experience is like mine, once you get within days of that date, the delivery date will be whisked away from you by another two weeks. You will not be told this... you will have to look at the web listing for the Mjolnir 2 to see that the backordered receded by a week or two, which you can confirm by signing in and looking at your individual order’s (new) delivery date.

And it happens repeatedly. When I ordered on December 27, the date had just moved from week of December 29 to week of January 22. Then when I was within a week or so of January 22, the date moved out to week of February 15. Then when I was a week or so from that date, the shipping date moved out to week of February 22.

The Schiit Director of Operations informs me that they have been deploying their limited production facilities to products for which they sell more units, including the Magni 3. They don’t really sell that many Mjolnir 2s.

I feel like this poor donkey trying to get the carrot! I understand that Schiit is considering renaming the Mjolnir to the “Mirage.”

Had the same experience. No communication after order. Waited over three months.

Gave up and cancelled Mjolnir 2 order.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #29,347 of 148,568
@Derrick Swart , I seek balanced output, which the Mjolnir 2 provides and the Magni does not. Besides, I also ordered a (balanced) Schiit DAC, the Gungir Multibit, which was going to be paired with the Mjolnir. It came in a timely manner and sits, alone, waiting for the arrival of its Mjolnir!

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #29,348 of 148,568
@Derrick Swart , I seek balanced output, which the Mjolnir 2 provides and the Magni does not. Besides, I also ordered a (balanced) Schiit DAC, the Gungir Multibit, which was going to be paired with the Mjolnir. It came in a timely manner and sits, alone, waiting for the arrival of its Mjolnir!

Well then, that makes total sense and I can see why you are frustrated and lest any think other wise, you are far from being unreasonable in your frustration. Let us hope they get a move on and get your order processed and on the way to you ASAP!

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #29,350 of 148,568
Well then, that makes total sense and I can see why you are frustrated and lest any think other wise, you are far from being unreasonable in your frustration. Let us hope they get a move on and get your order processed and on the way to you ASAP!

Consumer ombudsman? A new role for an old toad?

JC

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #29,352 of 148,568
@Jason Stoddard

Jason,

I was reading another forum that had links to commentary on CD and Vinyl and differences as well as to why people really liked vinyl. Reading the quotes someone posted got me thinking, what if Schiit implemented a vinylizer on LOKI or the Gadget. I know there's more to vinyl mastering that's part of the effect beyond the greater distortion, but I'd imagine it would be possible to possibly recreate some of that euphonic distortion and have it adjustable.

This is all quoted from Jack D Ripper on AVS. I thought it was a really interesting post.
A vinylizer?! Holy schiit! I wonder if that could be a toggle on their upcoming “gadget”. Is there enough interest/demand for a branching Schiit product line of aural Schiit screens?

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #29,353 of 148,568
When ever I listen to CDs or for that matter, any digitized music, I all ways have on hand a 4 quart bowl of Rice Krispies and milk. This gives me the vinylizationalizifying sequentialed transmogrificationing sound effects of vinyl, i.e., the ubiquitous "SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!" For the "warmth" part of the ANALogigizing, I simply listen in an echo chamber as it has been proven by broscience that vinyl's sense of "warmth" is merely "groove echo".

Need less to say, I eat a schiitload of Rice Krispies. One of my frAudiophile acquaintances (toads rarely if ever have friends in the frAudiophile world, but I do have one!) confided in me that Rice Krispie Treats could be utilized as a substitute if they were made with compressed and carbonated air. This allows the Rice Krispies to be a portable source for vinylizationizificationaling of digitized music. Further more, it has again been proven via broscience that the marshmallows hold more of the "musical bits" in the data stream there by allowing for a much greater sound stage filled with the flatulence of flugelhorns in full Musicalifragelisticexpealidociousness. And Schiit.

Actually, I did enjoy your post very much but could not resist the fact that my eyes were seeing better via high powered reading glasses and new eye drops and so I wanted to be, well..."toadish". I listened to vinyl a bunch of times today. Mostly because it is both an aural and tactile experience. I do not know if it sounds better but today it made me feel better. Music does that.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a toad's brain. This begs the question, out side of hallucinogenic seeking hippies, who in their right mind would care to lick a toad?

I'll be in Hebrew Hades for this one, I know. Schiit. My eyes hurt.

You are one odd duck. I like it! I think I’ve found my online peeps.

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #29,354 of 148,568
Q: When does Schiit NOT happen?
A: When you try to order a Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp!

Don't complain to me, I don't work for Schiit Audio and I can't do F-all to help you. If you have a problem contact Schiit directly, that's why they have a variety of email addresses.

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #29,355 of 148,568
Oh yes! Going from Bimby/A2 to Yggy/Rag. Buckle up, sports fans! Here comes the real deal.
That means I hope you enjoy your upgrades...LOL.
A Bimby.... .... ... Yggy.... A2. Sigh. Alright, I need an education please. Would a (patient) user be able to give me the nicknames for the following Schiit products? Thanks in advance.
Jotunheim = ? Bifrost = ?
Asgard = ? Ragnarok = ?
Valhalla = ? Gungnir = ?
Mjolnir = ? Yggdrasil = ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back