Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #28,486 of 149,163
Jason, if you're out there, hope this was a good week and the staff is feeling better and you're not Knockin' On Heaven's Door! Just sayin'

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #28,487 of 149,163
I'm fine, thanks for asking. Just working on some engineering stuff this weekend. That's the fun work for me.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #28,488 of 149,163
Awesome, enjoying any creative process (especially if it pays the bills) is essential to everyone's well being.

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #28,489 of 149,163
OK, I always liked that line in Stand and Deliver where the one teacher asks the other for a good poet to introduce the kids to and he says, "Dylan" and the first one says, "Isn't Dylan Thomas a little heavy for the kids?" and he responds, "I meant Bob."

Anyway, who sings Bob Dylan best besides Bob?

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #28,490 of 149,163
Jan 20, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #28,491 of 149,163
Jan 20, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #28,493 of 149,163
I'm fine, thanks for asking. Just working on some engineering stuff this weekend. That's the fun work for me.

Loki Maxi. If you build it, we'll buy it. :sunglasses:

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #28,494 of 149,163
This thread picked my music tonight. Listening to Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited in 24/96. Then moving to LP for Tweeter And The Monkey Man. Love the album, but this is my favorite cut. Then going to play Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat Have to decide between vinyl or digital). Finish up with Karla Bonoff - Karla Bonoff on LP ( Someone To Lay Down Beside). Also have it by Linda Ronstadt at 24/192.

Only have one Leonard Cohen album - the future. That is a great song.
Thanks for the "playlist" everyone.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #28,496 of 149,163
I have zero talent. I do not sound good in my helmet in the middle of the desert on a beautiful day. I am that pathetic a singer and can not play a single note. But I know what I like. And I know what I loathe, cRap and Hippity Hop come immediately to my feeble mind. Hick-Hop (i.e., Taylor Swift) makes me very unhappy. My son likes some odd form of guttural/screaming metal rock. I can not stand it.
I can hear some minds here..."The FARCE is strong with this toad"...
LOL, funny, I was just talking to a co-worker a couple of days ago and relating that I like pretty much any genre except what I call "junk rap" (no melody, no hook, no clever word smithing, just talentless junk not even the people listening to it now will listen to in 20 years!) and that same "guttural/screaming metal rock" that I had to demonstrate to my co-worker by playing some on Spotify since he had never heard the mess, and he agreed with me that it was unlistenable.

And on the Schiit front, I'm really considering getting the Loki as 1) I love the name (yes, I know that is silly!) and more importantly, 2) I've never been one to get satisfactory results with digital EQ - still haven't figured out what to use on Mac for system-wide EQ for that matter, and the Windows one many recommend Equalizer APOm doesn't work anymore for some reason on my system -- it's just another piece of software and software always seemed vulnerable to not working as it isn't anymore for me (it literally does nothing) and it's annoying, so I hate software EQ.

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #28,497 of 149,163
Folks that don't appreciate Dylan are the same folks that use music to listen to equipment instead of using equipment to listen to music.
So wrong as far as I'm concerned.....:L3000:
May apply to others.........:ksc75smile:

Bob Dylan is great. When you listen to him, if you are looking for a pure voice, you will be disappointed. His music is not about vocal purity. I would rather listen to no one else sing "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" or "The Times they Are A-Changin'".
I can think of a few artists who do those songs justice, and ole Bob just ain't one of 'em.......:ksc75smile:

(snip),

Anyway, who sings Bob Dylan best besides Bob?
Try Pete Seeger, Peter Paul and Mary, and Joan Baez amongst a plethora of others.

I went to a venue to listen to Tommy Emmanuel play his guitar..
The opening act was a teenage dude who sang the Bob Dylan songbook in Bob's tone and style.......:triportsad:
I'm just so glad that Tommy's guitar playing is the antithesis of Bob's singing.......:L3000:

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #28,498 of 149,163
Hi all,
Another head-fier suggest I ask my question here. I recently had a chance to visit the Schiitr and was totally blown away by the Yggdrasil/Ragnarok stack. I'd eventually like to acquire these, but there's no way I can get them both at once. I already have an excellent DAC though (Gungnir multibit), so I'm thinking that the Rag will probably contribute the most dramatic change. Only thing is the device is a few years old now and has a pretty glaring omission of a remote control and possibly a unit gain setting. I feel like there could be a new update to the Rag in the works, but Schiit is characteristically tight lipped about it. Does anyone have any information or rumors about a possible Ragnarok update in the near future? I'd hate to buy one only to see a new one come out shortly thereafter.

PS. Jason, if you're listening: please include a remote and a unity gain setting in the new Ragnarok (if one is in the works)!

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #28,499 of 149,163
Just get the RAGGY with it's supposed flaws and listen happily until you can afford the latest YGGY (perhaps with a volume control - lookin' at youse Jason and Mike)...:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back