Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #23,056 of 145,613
You're gonna hate me, because I didn't really spend any time at the Schiitr this weekend. It was a heavy engineering weekend, so I hid and did tests and tweaks. But I hear it was very busy!
Awesome. Well played teaser. :beerchug:On this subject, Schiit has been getting great continued coverage over on Darko's site. (Disclaimer: Not trying to start a debate on his verbose-iality). Today's headline "The Art of the Tease". All about the turntable.

We know you are working on something good. Likely it's not MP....

Take time off when you need to! We entertain ourselves, there's even cat that listens to an Yggy all day.

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #23,057 of 145,613
As far as USB cables go, the Schiit ones are a no-brainer choice:

* Prior to being a Schiit customer, I had done an evaluation and found that a particular brand of cheap audiophile cables had most of the benefits of far more expensive cables, for not much more than generic ones.
* Schiit has their USB cables made by the same brand.
* As a bonus, if you are using a Schiit USB cable, you have eliminated the "maybe the cables are not working well with my Schiit gear" issue.

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #23,058 of 145,613
Jul 31, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #23,059 of 145,613
Well I just ordered a Vidar and a pair of Tekton Impact (soft red gloss) speakers. Planning for Roon>microRendu>Bimby>Jot>Vidar.

I hope this holds me for awhile, as I gots some explainin' to do.
Well I just ordered a Vidar and a pair of Tekton Impact (soft red gloss) speakers. Planning for Roon>microRendu>Bimby>Jot>Vidar.

I hope this holds me for awhile, as I gots some explainin' to do.
You're going to love that Vidar/Impact combo.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #23,062 of 145,613
How about a mini Vidar in a Bifrost-sized case? I'd like to see that.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #23,063 of 145,613
How about a mini Vidar in a Bifrost-sized case? I'd like to see that.

A half height Vidar would be outstanding :) 50 watts doubling down to 100, good current/headroom. No need for balanced/monoblock option unless it did not add to cost.
I would buy in a heartbeat...... But I'm still getting a Vidar anyways!

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #23,066 of 145,613
I have been reading a bit about ground boxes. Why did you think you needed one? And what did it do for you?
Orrr.... were you just kidding and you didnt buy one at all? I am so confused and alone after reading all those reviews and comments...please help me out!
Well, NO I didn't feel I needed one.
Just as you probably did I was searching the web for inexpensive tweaks to improve the sound of my system.
This quest was somewhat enhanced by the lack of news about the MP.
Since I already own all possible masturbative tools one can hope to have I stumbled over the ground box.
A ground box is typical a device that does absolutely nothing in an electronic sense so you can pin it everywhere in your system without any risk.
It's a box full of inert Schiit which could pick up an overload if it got out the ground side of your system and convert it into heat.
Some people believe it improves sound by rerouting and converting evil ghosts that live in your system.
An exorcism if you wish.
Now as I was cleaning out Constanzas Schittr and listening to some ABBA I remembered I had an empty system housing, lots of cable and some copper sheet.
So C and I looked at each other in that blinding moment of knowledge falling into place which you can only have with your closest partner and got to work.
We isolated the inside of the case, soldered an old se cables ground to the copper sheet and the other end to the ground of an old plug.
Signal was completely cut off.
Now we frumbled the copper plate into the case, filled it up with cat litter (Constanza only accepts silica gel) and filled the remaining space with epoxy resin.
The only thing that remains is a sexy spritzz of chromium paint and Bob's our uncle.
And the sound? Well after a few days of testing it keeps getting better and better.
Just like any other existing, speculated of and announced Schiit product, we cannot understand how to live without it.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #23,067 of 145,613
Well, NO I didn't feel I needed one.
Just as you probably did I was searching the web for inexpensive tweaks to improve the sound of my system.
This quest was somewhat enhanced by the lack of news about the MP.
Since I already own all possible masturbative tools one can hope to have I stumbled over the ground box.
A ground box is typical a device that does absolutely nothing in an electronic sense so you can pin it everywhere in your system without any risk.
It's a box full of inert Schiit which could pick up an overload if it got out the ground side of your system and convert it into heat.
Some people believe it improves sound by rerouting and converting evil ghosts that live in your system.
An exorcism if you wish.
Now as I was cleaning out Constanzas Schittr and listening to some ABBA I remembered I had an empty system housing, lots of cable and some copper sheet.
So C and I looked at each other in that blinding moment of knowledge falling into place which you can only have with your closest partner and got to work.
We isolated the inside of the case, soldered an old se cables ground to the copper sheet and the other end to the ground of an old plug.
Signal was completely cut off.
Now we frumbled the copper plate into the case, filled it up with cat litter (Constanza only accepts silica gel) and filled the remaining space with epoxy resin.
The only thing that remains is a sexy spritzz of chromium paint and Bob's our uncle.
And the sound? Well after a few days of testing it keeps getting better and better.
Just like any other existing, speculated of and announced Schiit product, we cannot understand how to live without it.
It`s very reassuring you didn`t spend 3000 euro on it :)

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #23,068 of 145,613
WP_20170801_16_53_15_Pro.jpg

Tomorrow's painting day.
Or tonight when I'm drunk enough.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #23,069 of 145,613

Tomorrow's painting day.
Or tonight when I'm drunk enough.
you`ll need to sand a little too! Actually...alot.
You should apply the paint in layers(3 at least) an inbetween you break the surface of the previous layer so the next layer doesn`t just run of the case alltogether.
It`s either this or just get really drunk and it will always come out great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back