Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #20,356 of 149,079
Maybe Eitr will be released before Vidar.....eitr way it will be good! :beerchug:

May 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #20,358 of 149,079
I'm trying to think, which is hard, but I started with the original Lyr shortly after it came out and learned about Mike working on his end game dac......so that wait was 2 years for sure, but I've had Yggy for 2 years already, time passing puts everything in perspective.:beerchug:

May 24, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #20,361 of 149,079
Im sure 1 Vidar would do the job but if you feel balanced is better,which I do, you have to buy 2 .

Looking purely about power and not personal preference of SE or Balanced. Max power rating of the Unifi is 140W. and the Vidar pre specs is 200w @ 4 Ohms. Plenty of headroom in one chassis. If memory serves me right in Mono Schiit is only rating the Vidar @ an 8Ohm Load. One could probably use it in mono with a 4 ohm load but depending on the speaker and how deaf you are or plan to be you may be fine with out hitting thermal limits. when the time comes I would be curious how it does handle 4 Ohm load is mono. I am not ruling this config out but ill let some one else be the guinea pig. did you just volunteer? :beerchug:

May 24, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #20,363 of 149,079
Am I that wrong?
There is a usb upgrade for sale on the Schiitsite. Both Bif and Gunnie can be upgraded as I read it.
Just tell me whem I`m wrong, I`m married.

I'm married too. So funny )))

I sometime find the Schiit website a little confusing about upgrades. Jason and Mike should hire me to redesign it. Oh, wait!!! I'm a lawyer. I would have to add 10 pages of disclaimers.

I assume the USB upgrades are to non-current models. But what do I know. Like I said, I'm just a lawyer.

Please no lawyer jokes. I've heard them all a million times. :triportsad:

May 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #20,364 of 149,079
Looking purely about power and not personal preference of SE or Balanced. Max power rating of the Unifi is 140W. and the Vidar pre specs is 200w @ 4 Ohms. Plenty of headroom in one chassis. If memory serves me right in Mono Schiit is only rating the Vidar @ an 8Ohm Load. One could probably use it in mono with a 4 ohm load but depending on the speaker and how deaf you are or plan to be you may be fine with out hitting thermal limits. when the time comes I would be curious how it does handle 4 Ohm load is mono. I am not ruling this config out but ill let some one else be the guinea pig. did you just volunteer? :beerchug:

I have already volunteered and more importantly, obtained spousal prior permission. I just await the opportunity to place my order.

May 24, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #20,365 of 149,079
@HumanFly
Am I that wrong?
There is a usb upgrade for sale on the Schiitsite. Both Bif and Gunnie can be upgraded as I read it.

The original Schiit DACs did not include USB standard. It was an additional $100.00 option at the time of sale $150.00 as a later upgrade. Schiit is also now on version 2 of their USB design.

So the upgrade is for those who have no USB or wish to upgrade their V1 to V2...

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #20,366 of 149,079
Am I that wrong?
You might be right, however, since you're married you are wrong, be default. I know the drill.

May 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #20,368 of 149,079
Am I that wrong?
I hear the update is USB 6.0 which combines right- and left rotating, self multiplying micro-bots sorting trough the bits and aligning them before they go out.
Well I'm a widower.

May 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #20,369 of 149,079
I hear the update is USB 6.0 which combines right- and left rotating, self multiplying micro-bots sorting trough the bits and aligning them before they go out.
Well I'm a widower.
That is the cool part...I think it would eventually be possible to also upgrade to completely new usb standards. Like USB-C(ozzi).
And you have a cat.

May 24, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #20,370 of 149,079
Sorry to read you're a widower....I am too....we were a pair for 38 years!!! She was my best friend....Hardest time I've ever gone through....I hope you are doing well as you can without your mate.

I do get a kick out of the wife comments though....they all sum up to ...Happy Wife, ...Happy Life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back