Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 20, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #14,146 of 149,010
Not sure if this has been asked before, is it possible to buy Schitt products during CANJAM shows? Thank you.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #14,148 of 149,010
I'm currently trying to figure out what to do:

-replace my dac with a bifrost mb
-go all in on this schiit and get the mjolnir 2/gungnir mb combo (i really like my Lyr 2 though)
-wait for the rest of the 2 channel stuff to hit

Decisions decisions...

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #14,149 of 149,010

-go all in on this schiit and get the mjolnir 2/gungnir mb combo (i really like my Lyr 2 though)

Decisions decisions...

I would go Gumby/Mjolnir 2 personally. That combination already had a lot of flexibility and as I can say from personal experience sound fantastic with both headphones and 2 channel systems.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #14,150 of 149,010
bimby is so worth it.....i have a mimby and a bimby. mimby is awesome bimby is still better. well worth the extra. I don't think you would be disapointed with either....the mimby slaps the ess sabre dac in my oppo black and blue.....the bimby makes it cry for it's mama. hp amps are very personal..... I have a valhalla 2 and it sounds best to me and I use grados or ath 50's with it.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #14,152 of 149,010
  Theoratically, if I were to buy the Gumby/Mjolnir combo, would I be able to later get the Vidar and use the Mjolnir as Pre Amp with the Gumby through the balanced connection and my turntable via RCA?

You would need to put a Mani between your Mjolnir and turntable unless your turntable has a pre amp built in but other than that it should work fine. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #14,155 of 149,010

Decisions decisions...

Schiit multibit in general, yes, highly recommended.

Mjolnir 2...do you have balanced cables for your headphones? If so then that's a great choice, but do keep in mind that the SE output is referred to as a "convenience" output because it doesn't sound as good (not making broad balanced/SE claims, this is specific to the Mjolnir 2 and Ragnarok, due to their topology there's added parts/complexity with getting a SE signal out of them, which degrades sound quality a bit).

If you're mostly SE for now, but might want to try balanced later, maybe go with Jotunheim. Its SE output is much more consistent with the rest of its performance.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #14,158 of 149,010
I am going to make it worse: Mike is correct, the RCA Red base tube is a revelation. Putting one in the Saga makes it compare favorably with a Pass X1

This Brings a Smile to my Face and a Tear to My Eye. I smile Because the Saga Has the Potential Hit hit way above its (price) class. a Tear Because Freya has one more input tube and those RCA Red base Tubes are not exactly everywhere and demand a premium.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #14,159 of 149,010
This Brings a Smile to my Face and a Tear to My Eye. I smile Because the Saga Has the Potential Hit hit way above its (price) class. a Tear Because Freya has one more input tube and those RCA Red base Tubes are not exactly everywhere and demand a premium.

My wife actually likes Hitachi tubes better than the RCA. I like them too, and they are much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back