Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 9, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #12,991 of 148,621

And that's because putting a power switch on the front is STUPID.  More convenient for users, but A BAD DESIGN CHOICE: AC mains running past all the naughty bits in a circuit...no matter how well you twist and shield it.  Jason and Mike are looking after your sound quality needs, folks.

This problem can be easily solved, Move the power switch, mains cord and power supply to the front to the kit.
eek.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #12,992 of 148,621
Oct 9, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #12,993 of 148,621
  They made the @tonykaz shirt!! Awesome! I want one!

The day @tonykaz suggested it Jason posted,  "I am going to do this..."

And he did...

Wish they would sell them on the Schiit site.  I would sure buy one.

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #12,995 of 148,621

Yes, there are valid technical reasons for the anal power switch. Though I strongly suspect Jason continues the practice just to piss people off. (Mission accomplished!) But why not put the switch on the side, just at the rear corner? Would be a lot more convenient without sonic compromise.

Such a protruding carbuncle would piss *everyone* off....all the more reason to do it! :) 

This effluvia gets more scatological with every movement if the Schiit train.  But the latest output has relieved me so! 

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #12,997 of 148,621

Thank you for posting it here. I don't know how to find it in Schiit's website so I just rely on this thread.

Can't wait for them to release this!

http://schiit.com/news/news/schiit-previews-2-channel-line-at-rmaf

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #12,998 of 148,621
  This problem can be easily solved, Move the power switch, mains cord and power supply to the front to the kit.
eek.gif

Or better yet, take the unit as designed and place it backwards in the stack 
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #13,001 of 148,621

Are one of the outputs on the preamps fixed level to feed a headphone amp?

Likewise, I was joping that one of the folks that actually went to RMAF could tell us if the Freya will have a HT Bypass input.    

The balanced and SE outputs are controlled by the volume control, there is no fixed output. There is no HT bypass, either.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #13,002 of 148,621
How competitive is Freia vs. Mjolnir 2 as a preamp, aside from the remote?

I would like too know this too, be looking at the mj2 , but waited to see the new 2 channel stuff. If the mj2 is better than the freya as a preamp that the route I would go, only need two inputs, one SE and one balanced for my turntable and gungnir, as long as it sounds better as a preamp than the freya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back