Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 1, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #10,921 of 149,192

But...but...the resolution becomes infinite! We'll expand our perception into non-euclidian dimensions! Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth!

You forgot to vector in the Reimann-Christoffel field in manifold space over the 10 dimensions and subtract the negative time quotient.   Just sayin'...... 
wink_face.gif

(thanks to jimmers for the spelling correction for Christoffel).
The time has come to summon and unleash the [REDACTED] onto the public who have been awaiting it's arrival with bated breath and eager anticipation.   
L3000.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #10,925 of 149,192
As I understand- it is both upgraded and not upgraded, now and upon release.

It must be due to it being quantum entangled…

JJ

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #10,926 of 149,192

So, is the new 2channel line going to be named after Cthulhu mythos things?

Can't wait for the Nyarlathotep
 and the Dagon!  And multi-channel can be Shub-Niggurath.

The howls of protests about the pronunciation of the Yggdrasil will pale in comparison.

I hope at least 1 product line is literally the "redacted".

Hastur, The Unspeakable One, He Whose Name Shall Not Be Named!

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #10,929 of 149,192
Hi Jason, You've said that PM's aren't the best way to communicate so I thought I would post this request here.  I've started a thread called Practicing Safe Sound: Hardware and Software Pitfalls for newbies in the intro forum. I'm looking for members to add any experiences with hardware/software glitches or user mistake that have been related to unexpected, worrisome audio events leaving the member wondering, "How bad was that for my ears or my gear?".  

I describe in the thread how, as a newbie, I didn't know about USB issues that could effect sound and volume and unfortunately had volume bursts  likely related to the USB signal path, that have left me with hearing damage. I was not using any of your products at the time. I've learned of other members with similar experiences, but fortunately without hearing damage.  I would probably have avoided my experiences, had known about clues to USB instability. I'd like to pull together collected experience in a thread that might become a link on the Intro page like Baycodes thread about Hearing Safety.  I credit his thread for giving me the idea.

I thought you might have come across a range of such events in your work and if so I'm hopeful you would visit the thread and post any thoughts you think might be helpful.  In the meantime, I am awaiting a Gumby/Mjolnir delivery, in large part because of email information from Nick that has helped me learn about some of the thoughtful engineering in your products, fault protections, and how I might avoid any USB related issues. Thanks, McClelland

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #10,931 of 149,192

Right, 'cuz for multi-channel, you need the shub-woofer...

And because with Atmos and DTS-X you need a beast of an amp with a thousand channels.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #10,932 of 149,192
  It must be due to it being quantum entangled…

JJ

Hey, if we entangle the bits as they leave the source with the bits as they leave the DAC, and orient them in exactly the same states, BINGO - perfect reproduction, right there....! 
L3000.gif

Hastur, The Unspeakable One, He Whose Name Shall Not Be Named!

Too late for that to be even remotely true, hence - Hastur the ex- ineffable elf, he/she/it whose name is unpronounceable by the human glottis will now be transmitted by artificial means to an audience of deaf humans to protect Hastur's nominal identity's vocal integrity.

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #10,933 of 149,192

Should I order the Yog-Sothoth now, or wait until version 2, with the tubed transistors?

Yog Sohoth lives in a chronoclastic infundibulum, and hence the first iteration cam have both tubes and transistors in a single output (balanced and single ended simultaneously) without the suspenseful wait for the version 2 being necessary.

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #10,934 of 149,192
Just finished reading the last 729 pages, it wasn't even 2016 when I started! What a great read!

Jason your insights into business and audio have made me appreciate my schiit stack even more than before. 

This thread has put a big dent in my fourth Wheel Of Time re-read....

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #10,935 of 149,192
I tried to resist. I really did, but my nature is to pun..so...I'd like to point out that Mr. Lovecraft is one of histories greatest ghost writers. It might be hard, or expensive to license Mr. Lovecraft's mythos as names for Schiit's next gen products but I love the idea. Let me suggest general supernatural terms as an alternative. I think we all agree Schiit products are close to magical. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back