Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #3,556 of 149,007
  Now, with our quasi-direct pricing coming into play in Europe through Electromod

UK really the best place for "Europe distribution"? There are way more €uro currency users, so that just means more extra fees and fluxuations from usd->gbp->eur. Not to mention UK has generally much more expensive international shipping than say Germany.

But hey as long as you keep offering direct sales from your webshop that's fine, it still gives the best price for most EU users that are willing..

(edit: Anyway not sure what the deal with schiit-europe.com in NL is then.. they say they are official distributor? Prices are a tad more expensive than Electromod even considering currency fees etc.. of course NL users and neighbours might get the best hand with shipping)

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #3,557 of 149,007
To Mr. Stoddard ,

Thank you for mentioning the Power Switch location , now I realize you are paying attention to your customer base .  
  I'll accept the rear and will work out a control panel remote power switch , on my own , still think the location is wrong but …. !    I have things wrong with me that I won't change despite my wife's pleadings , not that I'm stubborn , I just don't want to change that way .  
  So , I accept the rear power switch and am still a Schiit man , I won't bother you with any more snipes or complaints about it .  

Tony in Michigan 

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #3,558 of 149,007
Hey Jason, I love you man. 
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #3,559 of 149,007
To Mr. Stoddard ,

Thank you for mentioning the Power Switch location , now I realize you are paying attention to your customer base .  
  I'll accept the rear and will work out a control panel remote power switch , on my own , still think the location is wrong but …. !    I have things wrong with me that I won't change despite my wife's pleadings , not that I'm stubborn , I just don't want to change that way .  
  So , I accept the rear power switch and am still a Schiit man , I won't bother you with any more snipes or complaints about it .  

Tony in Michigan 

I echo these sentiments.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #3,560 of 149,007

UK really the best place for "Europe distribution"? There are way more €uro currency users, so that just means more extra fees and fluxuations from usd->gbp->eur. Not to mention UK has generally much more expensive international shipping than say Germany.

But hey as long as you keep offering direct sales from your webshop that's fine, it still gives the best price for most EU users that are willing..

(edit: Anyway not sure what the deal with schiit-europe.com in NL is then.. they say they are official distributor? Prices are a tad more expensive than Electromod even considering currency fees etc.. of course NL users and neighbours might get the best hand with shipping)

According to Schiit's website they have a few distributors around Europe. I ordered Asgard 2 and Uberfrost during summer from schiit-europe.com on different occasions, and on both cases it took over two weeks for them arrive. I wouldn't order from them again, or recommend their service to anyone (at least outside of NL). It would've been faster and cheaper to get them straight from the horse's mouth.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #3,561 of 149,007
Hope the Asian distribution gets sorted soon.
Am I patient enough to wait? Maybe.
Currently Raggy would be $1699 + $223 + Australian import duties and GST  ($288) ~ $2200
and then convert to $A -about another 15%. So about $2500.
Still going to get one though.
And later Yggy,,,,

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #3,564 of 149,007

So where do we go from here? Well, there are a few more chapters to get us up to date, and then I expect I’ll continue adding to the saga—maybe not weekly, but we have enough stories to definitely set up for something every couple of weeks, or, at worst, monthly.

Thank you Jason, this has been an amazing read. Bummed to see it nearing the (weekly) end but that's life.

Trav

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3,565 of 149,007

Europe is complicated, many countries and many rules. Most countries are in the EU, but not all. Those in the EU have the Euro, but not all. And so on.

I have posted this on another thread already but the main problem I see is VAT. Switzerland hat 8%, Luxembourg 15%, UK 20% and Danmark 25%. It makes a big difference where you live and where you order. I am in Switzerland and if I order from ElectroMod, I'll be paying UK VAT when I order and then Swiss customs will charge me another 8%. So I end up paying VAT for a country I'm not living in and this makes Schiits gear 20% more expensive. Same happens with schiit-europe.com, only the Dutch VAT is 21%.

If I calculate an example with Mjolnir:

ElectroMod (with VAT):   570£ + 9£ shipping              = 885 CHF
Schiit.com:                    749 US$ + 80 US$ shipping = 791 CHF

For me it would be cheaper to order directly from Schiit.com. But if I check the figures without VAT it gets very interesting:

ElectroMod (no VAT):     456£ + 9£ shipping              = 710 CHF

I've ordered things from german shops and most shops will do the paperwork so that international customers don't have to pay VAT twice. I'll have to wait and see if ElectroMod or schiit-europe.com will offer that service eventually.

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #3,566 of 149,007
In which thread will the "subplot" (the story of Yggy) continue?

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,568 of 149,007
I'm intrigued by TheShow Newport tease. I have a few friends who recently moved out there and was thinking this would be a good opportunity to attend an audio show for the first time.

But Jason, Alex, or whomever this concerns, I was just on TheShow's (mediocre) website and noticed that Schiit is not listed as an exhibitor. Just thought I'd bring that to your attention.

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #3,569 of 149,007

+1 for Germany (for the exact reasons hekeli mentioned).

Oct 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3,570 of 149,007
What I hear and read in the hobby or niche as you describe it is how this this company's xyz compares to the Schiit or what should I buy the Schiit or the other brand, or which Amp do you recommend for my Planars (the Lyr is usually on the short list). Your reputation is well deserved but be afraid be very afraid this Halloween you guys are in the spotlight and you got the big boys attention ---- BUY-OUT!!!  

AND  2 channel is just hibernating and like the new Buick will return

Users who are viewing this thread

Back