1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
First

Back
944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
Next

Last
  1. US Blues

A friend of mine has the LS50's, driven by a McIntosh MC252 power amp (250 watts into 8 ohms), and those KEF's sponge up all that power. They sound great doing so.

2. wahsmoh
    I must be behind. I will check that out now asap!!!

JoeKickass likes this.
  3. watchnerd

It's not for sale just yet, but you might find this useful http://www.theaudiobeat.com/rmaf2016/rmaf2016_schiit.htm

4. wahsmoh
    Nice! I am sure this has been discussed many times, but I wish anodized black came as a standard Schiit option. I may have to wait till I see a black B-stock Freya which may never happen if Schiit has streamlined production and QC to such a high degree now.

5. mattlach

Did you read chapter 33 of the first book in this thread? :p

6. wahsmoh
    It's actually here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/13620#post_12963529

I understand what they mean though and customization would raise the price of their other products since it would mean slowdown of all production in general or a new team of payed employees to handle the painting.. Me thinks that it is something they will offer down the road if their company booms in the stereo market and they feel inclined to sell more product.

7. KoshNaranek
    All Quiet on the Freya Front

8. OldRoadToad

9. 45longcolt

I'm betting that there will be black Freyas (and Sagas and Vidars,) because Schiit always seems to release a few licorice units not long after introduction. This despite Jason's long-standing assertion that going multi-hue would bankrupt the company by making for too many SKUs, with all the accompanying hassle and expense. That argument made sense when the company was run out of the Stoddard garage. But Schiit is all grown up now and is capable of dealing with variations on a theme.

Still, I suppose we'll get black as a standard option about the same time we get power switches on the front...

10. tdonnellyem
    i might have missed it but any photos of the saga remote?  i checked the gallery on this thread back to the keyboard segue but didn't see one.  i read it was black plastic and credit card sized.  just curious what it really looks like.  thanks

11. mattlach

Yeah, I don't think we need to do anything at all.

The model isn't sustainable.  It will come crashing down on itself eventually.  All we as educated customers need to do is to do what we have always done.   Buythe product that best suits our needs within our budgets, and the rest will take care of itself, especially since there are sane alternatives like Schiit out there :p

OldRoadToad likes this.
  12. OldRoadToad

13. belgiangenius

Yep, been patiently waiting for well over a month now and ready to buy that preamp (and probably other stuff too while I've got a shipment coming)!

14. bigro
    I Don't know what your Talking about. My mouse button has been pretty noisy because I have been hitting refresh all morning.

15. mattlach

I can definitely vouch for this.

Even my awful Logitech z623 2.1 PC speakers plugged into the pre-amp outs on my Lyr 2 sounded notably improved once I started using a Modi Multibit.

I was expecting improved headphone sounds, but I was convinced that those terrible speakers were muddy enough that I'd never hear the difference, but I was positively surprised.   Enough so that I think I uttered a Keanu Reeves-like "whoah" out loud.

First

Back
944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953
955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964
Next

Last