Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #95,701 of 149,010
Folkvangr is super tempting, but we’re planning to get married in the autumn, so I’d better save some money for that instead.

Hopefully Folkvangr will make a comeback in the future in some form.
I'm tempted to join in on Folkvangr, but would like to wait for a 2nd run. Will see.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #95,702 of 149,010
Ooohh, your rig is so neat, so organized. Was struck by the handy towel rack. Is that a record-cleaning cloth? For dusting the gear? Or do you wash up before each listening session? :relaxed:
Yep as panda noted, I hang the inner and outer sleeves since I have no tabletop space lol

Jul 4, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #95,703 of 149,010
Yep as panda noted, I hang the inner and outer sleeves since I have no tabletop space lol
Definitely don't want to lay them on a heated up Folkvangr. :smile_phones:

I like that it's dust free. I'm going to implement something similar. I have a little open space by my turntable but with this idea the sleeve won't compete with the cat!
IMG_20211208_184900867.jpg

Jul 4, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #95,704 of 149,010

I like that it's dust free. I'm going to implement something similar. I have a little open space by my turntable but with this idea the sleeve won't compete with the cat!
And kitty's expression says "Yeah, good luck with that." :sweat_smile:

Jul 4, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #95,707 of 149,010
Folkvangr is super tempting, but we’re planning to get married in the autumn, so I’d better save some money for that instead.

Hopefully Folkvangr will make a comeback in the future in some form.
Hopefully it does, of the few impressions that are starting to come in it deserves more than a mere 250 units! Though I guess tube availability will be a non-trivial factor in the possibility of a future comeback.

Also, congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

Jul 4, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #95,708 of 149,010

I like that it's dust free. I'm going to implement something similar. I have a little open space by my turntable but with this idea the sleeve won't compete with the cat!IMG_20211208_184900867.jpg

I like the reality of endless cables draped all over the place. I'm tired of product shots of gear that is neither plugged in nor connected. The reality is there's always cables draped everywhere in a home setup.

Jul 4, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #95,709 of 149,010
I'm tempted to join in on Folkvangr, but would like to wait for a 2nd run. Will see.
I think it will take a while to sell 250 FVs. Even when they sell out, they’ll be around on the used market.

There’s probably less than 250 each of DNA and Eddie Current amps out there and still they pop up for sale several times a year.

Jul 4, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #95,711 of 149,010
Hello. Could you please let me know what kind of shelf that is holding the FV? Is that just a floating shelf?

Thanks
Just a piece of live edge pine I cut and stained and put on some Amazon shelf brackets that were big enough to leave a gap behind for cords. I'm no Paladin, but as my dad always said, "Good enough for who it's for" ha

Jul 4, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #95,712 of 149,010
... we’re planning to get married in the autumn, so I’d better save some money for that instead. ...
Congrats!

Now, when the rug rats start arriving, remember to place headphones on your wife's abdomen to get the child prepared :) Nothing too good, Beats are probably OK for this purpose.

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #95,714 of 149,010
Just a piece of live edge pine I cut and stained and put on some Amazon shelf brackets that were big enough to leave a gap behind for cords. I'm no Paladin, but as my dad always said, "Good enough for who it's for" ha
Minimalism has its appeal 🤩

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back