Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #93,766 of 149,072
I needed URD last year. :smirk_cat:
So did I, @US Blues!
I got impatient and bought a Jay's Audio CDT2 Mk3 CD transport instead.
It has no Unison USB output ( or any other USB) , so the Unison USB upgrade board which I installed in my Yggy A2 will now probably never get used....
Regrets, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention.....
I'll be interested to read reviews of the new Urd when it finally becomes available, but however effusive they are, I will not be tempted... never, not even slightly, to buy more Schiit gear.:beyersmile:

May 28, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #93,768 of 149,072
I'm always tempted. Just not always able. :unamused:

May 28, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #93,769 of 149,072
It's probably just me but it's hard to keep up with this multidirectional thread. Miss a day and you're 197 posts behind.
I thought it was just me... thanks for this.

May 28, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #93,770 of 149,072
It's probably just me but it's hard to keep up with this multidirectional thread. Miss a day and you're 197 posts behind.
Not if you put selected people on "ignore." Then you'll only be 63 posts behind. :)

May 28, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #93,771 of 149,072
Not if you put selected people on "ignore." Then you'll only be 63 posts behind. :)
There always seems to be some time limiting factor present in recent years. I do a lot of scrolling as you know.

I do this because I enjoy seeing the old timers here are still breathing and that new people are interested in the hobby....and a good laugh also! :smile_phones: oh and to see cat pictures, confirm that after a decade no one is sure how to spell "whisky", my woodworking skills are lacking and that something is right with the world!

May 28, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #93,773 of 149,072
So, to reach that 63 posts number, your ignore list includes, at a minimum, @Paladin79, @bcowen, @Ripper2860, @macdonjh, and myself…! 🤔
Their loss, I enjoy the randomness that this forum offers - it's schiity when people put it somewhere else (moved to other thread, etc.).

This forum reads like a conversation among friends...with the odd information/education from Jason.

Okay, so it is an EXTREMELY LONG and MEANDERING conversation, but that's what friends do!!!

May 28, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #93,774 of 149,072
Their loss, I enjoy the randomness that this forum offers - it's schiity when people put it somewhere else (moved to other thread, etc.).

This forum reads like a conversation among friends...with the odd information/education from Jason.

Okay, so it is an EXTREMELY LONG and MEANDERING conversation, but that's what friends do!!!
Mhm! This forum is like a regulars' table at the pub where you can "rest in a room" for a few days and still catch up on all the conversations and goings-on.
No real pub can keep up with that.
Plus, real pubs are always much too noisy for a critical listening session and, MUCH worse, have but a limited selection of whiskies—so who needs those! 🤣

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #93,775 of 149,072
Mhm! This forum is like a regular's table at the pub where you can "rest in a room" for a few days and still catch up on all the conversations and goings-on.
Plus, real pubs are always much too noisy for a critical listening session and, MUCH worse, have but a limited selection of whiskies—so who needs those! 🤣
I have to admit I prefer to have family/friends over instead or my weekly ritual (@30 years) of going to my best friends house and having 2 new quality beers every week.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #93,776 of 149,072
Off topic (or on, depending on one's view) suggestion: Add a new section to the ''Schiit Happened'' Sine Wave': 'Opine/Complain/Lament thread's length and generally off-topic nature', followed by the section: 'Defend/Validate/Cheer the thread's community, fun, gregarious and prolific nature'.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #93,777 of 149,072
Mhm! This forum is like a regulars' table at the pub where you can "rest in a room" for a few days and still catch up on all the conversations and goings-on.
My local pubs are great for spontaneous conversations, sometimes with complete strangers, over superb pints of ale.
This forum offers a lot of the joys of meandering conversations, but without the ale :beyersmile:
Personally, I never drink whisky in a pub.

May 28, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #93,779 of 149,072
I prefer watching movies at home nowadays:
  1. No one talking in the background
  2. Better overall (Schiit) sound and picture
  3. Better quality and better priced food and beverages
  4. Start, end, pause when you like
  5. No parking

May 28, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #93,780 of 149,072
I prefer watching movies at home nowadays:
  1. No one talking in the background
  2. Better overall (Schiit) sound and picture
  3. Better quality and better priced food and beverages
  4. Start, end, pause when you like
  5. No parking
Ditto, I really enjoyed when they were releasing movies in the theater and at home at the same time. I can wait until it's available on Blu Ray/streaming etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back