Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #82,161 of 148,643
I'm just looking at getting a simple all in one for my work computer, was curious though, does the multibit Jot 2 have unison USB? I don't see it listen on the website, just a mention about unison on the ESS DAC. I ask because unison in the past has eliminated noise from my graphics card, at least the unison on the Bifrost 2.

Specs on Jot 2:

1632125570429.png

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #82,162 of 148,643
I'm just looking at getting a simple all in one for my work computer, was curious though, does the multibit Jot 2 have unison USB? I don't see it listen on the website, just a mention about unison on the ESS DAC. I ask because unison in the past has eliminated noise from my graphics card, at least the unison on the Bifrost 2.

Specs on Jot 2:

1632125570429.png
Jotunheim does not have an USB input by itself, only the DAC card does. As you highlighted from the web page the ESS card has Unison so if you have that installed in the Jotunheim it will have Unison. The multibit card, however, does not have Unison as it still has a C-Media USB receiver.

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #82,164 of 148,643
That's a valid point, @GumbyDammit223 . I have to remind myself that the LASER is a diode... not some gas-filled arc light. So if I understand your point of view, if I keep the gears, plastic (or metal?!) cogs clean of grime and contaminants, add SMALL amounts of lubricant to the axles (RTFM), and keep the lens clean (using microscope paper or designated microfiber).... and blow the chassis out with compressed air, then it'll last a lifetime.
I'd like to think they'd last. In today's world of planned obsolescence, you never know. :rolling_eyes: Regarding microfiber, that stuff is amazing! I have several microfiber "bar cloths" I use to clean my prescription glasses. I've NEVER had better results cleaning them...as long as you keep the cloths clean and don't wash them with cotton. Strangely, they're pathetic at cleaning my Serengeti sunglasses. Go figure.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #82,165 of 148,643
Virtual SchiitrMeet September
The Road to Schiit

Hey guys,

So how do you get into audio? Why would you want to go into engineering in the first place? Is it chance, or is it a plan? If it's a plan, why the detours into advertising and novel-writing? I get asked these questions a lot, and Denise and Brian thought it might be a great idea to go into "the path to audio," or "the road to Schiit," in more detail. Or at least my path. If you want Mike's perspective, you'll have to wait until next month.

So what do you want to know? Please send questions to denise@schiit.com

Please note this is Central Time; I'll be in Texas for this one.

Virtual SchiitrMeet September
Wednesday, September 22, 4PM CT

Please join us on Facebook or YouTube:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 20, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #82,167 of 148,643
Unless you're an actual Muppet, I suppose.

As for the slang definition of muppet, I've often wondered if muppets know they're muppets. These are the things that keep me up at night.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #82,168 of 148,643

As for the slang definition of muppet, I've often wondered if muppets know they're muppets. These are the things that keep me up at night.
My dear wife is always on hand to remind me......

CURz0kfXAAINFdb.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #82,169 of 148,643

Muppets know that they are muppets.

What most people do not realize is that muppets are alien protoplasmic brain entities that occupy the bodies of unsuspecting human hosts, and control the actions of the human hosts so as to materialize physical behaviors and actions that the muppets would otherwise be unable to do.

We're lucky they find entertainment to be a useful and fun vocation, rather than say nuclear missile launch technicians.

As they say on the interwebs: prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #82,170 of 148,643
Oh yeah, DACs and reclockers and digital switches are permanently on. Amps I turn off.

I only do that when I don't know what to expect, say when switching from speakers to headphones, or between different speakers or different headphones, or different gain settings on the Ragnarok 2 because lordy are they different.

I left my Gucci headphones connected to the Heretic... and walked away from them. 50% volume. Next morning, the bloody carbon-fibers-cups were hot to the touch. And there was a sickening buzz from one transducer (channel... speaker?).
Never.
Again.
:scream:
"Last on... first off". All pots to zero. 10-4, eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back