Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 4, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #78,977 of 149,160
Actually, no, the picture is correct. Try standing in front of your bathroom mirror and raising your right hand...
Very true. I would hope Bill knows that.😜
An interesting example of perspective is to lift your right hand above your head, point with your index finger at the ceiling and make circles in a clockwise direction. Continue making those circles as you lower your hand below your eye level. The circles are now counter clockwise.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #78,978 of 149,160
It's a shame you poured all that scotch down the drain just trying to get the bottle. Reminds me of dumping all the cereal out of the box just trying to get the toy (for those of us old enough to remember those days). :laughing:
I volunteered my help in emptying those bottles a long time ago, but @Paladin79 declined my generous offer.

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #78,979 of 149,160
When will Schiit get it's Sol back?

I missed my chance to buy the Sol, and really hope it's not discontinued any time soon. Our kids finally moved out and I've got an extra room to setup a vinal rig. Fingers crossed 🤞 it will come back soon!
Look at the latest Schiit meet video and you know it is not likely to come back. It will be discontinued very soon.

Go to 18:50 and listen.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #78,980 of 149,160
Jul 4, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #78,982 of 149,160
You are a gentleman and a connoisseur of fine spirits.

If you need a Saga OG for testing with your tube stash, I can loan you one.
I might take you up on that just so I can say I have heard all of Schiit's tube gear. 6sn7 amps and pre-amps I have probably number over ten right now if you include a certain Chinese amp, buying that was Bill's fault and I need to modify it heavily before I will use it. :ksc75smile:

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #78,985 of 149,160
Totally agree that the Vali 2 is lots of fun to play with, and sounds far better than its price would even remotely suggest. My HP journey started with a Vali 2 and a Modi Multibit, and when I upgraded to the Lyr 3 I stupidly sold the Vali 2 (to a friend) thinking I didn't "need" it any more. Well, I truly didn't need it (but 'need' and 'audio toys' should never be used in the same sentence :smile:) so I snapped up a replacement from B-stock a couple months later.

Here's a PSVane CV-181T Mk II (a 6SN7 with another name), and the Vali never tipped over:

PSVane Vali.jpg

A Mullard CV3986 (a flying lead tube with specs similar to a 6SN7):

Mullard CV3986 in Vali 2.jpg

And a couple adapters for, um, flexibility. Yeah, flexibility. :smile: The only limitation is your imagination (and knowing how to read a tube spec sheet):

Adapter Stash.jpg
What did you think about the Mullard CV3986?

It's an upgrade tube for the WA8. The stock 6021 sounds pretty darn good. I'm tempted to buy one, but wasn't sure if the mini tubes scaled like the 6922 and 6SN7

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #78,986 of 149,160
When will Schiit get it's Sol back?

I missed my chance to buy the Sol, and really hope it's not discontinued any time soon. Our kids finally moved out and I've got an extra room to setup a vinal rig. Fingers crossed 🤞 it will come back soon!
I understand that but to be honest I jut could NOT get past the looks. I am a traditional toad and the Sol is anything butt..,.ugly. But hey, I am nothing to look at so who am I to question Sol's creator?

So I just didn't buy one. :deadhorse:

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #78,987 of 149,160
What did you think about the Mullard CV3986?

It's an upgrade tube for the WA8. The stock 6021 sounds pretty darn good. I'm tempted to buy one, but wasn't sure if the mini tubes scaled like the 6922 and 6SN7

Thanks.
It's a very nice sounding tube, although not my personal favorite in the Vali2. Could be a different animal in the Woo though. Gorgeous midrange, but not the last word in slam and drive in the bass. Don't have any 6021's so can't help with any comparison, sorry. But if you can solder, it's cheap to try out at less than $14 for the tube (plus shipping) and a few bucks for a socket saver to wire it into.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392342649184?hash=item5b5971b960:g:mVwAAOSwktFdLcjb

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #78,989 of 149,160
It's a very nice sounding tube, although not my personal favorite in the Vali2. Could be a different animal in the Woo though. Gorgeous midrange, but not the last word in slam and drive in the bass. Don't have any 6021's so can't help with any comparison, sorry. But if you can solder, it's cheap to try out at less than $14 for the tube (plus shipping) and a few bucks for a socket saver to wire it into.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392342649184?hash=item5b5971b960:g:mVwAAOSwktFdLcjb
Thanks for that.

I don't know if I can buy the WA8 PCB separately from the upgrade tubes. I doubt it. Woo wants $150 for the CV mounted to the PCB.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #78,990 of 149,160
Why do so many people want the Thunderdome loser Freya S now when they didn’t want it when it was available?
Because We Don't Need Another Hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back