Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 31, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #77,588 of 149,112
A nice feature in Audirvana Studio:

Capture.PNG

Not that I can hear any sounds quieter than -96db or above 22 kHz (in fact I only get to about 16 kHz), but if they charge me for the extra bits and kHz I'd like to get my money's worth.
That looks kinda cool. I received a two month trial of "Roon" via my owning a Denon AV Receiver. I cancelled it after just over a month or so. It did nothing for me. I had hoped it would catalog/name "unknown" tracks but it did not and neither did anything else I tried over the years. I would guess Roon is fine for many people as is Audirvana for you. Roon and it's entire "Roon Ready' schtick just got off on the wrong foot with me, if you will. MusicBee is okay and fApple iTunes is too. I think I have about 19,000 or so songs on my laptop but I would guess that at least 2,000 or more are duplicates. Ugh.

I mostly do the "streaming" thing. I pay for my services and thereby eliminate any "guilt" toward artists although most of the people I listen to and enjoy are long gone. The CDs I own I still play. Same with my records (about 150 and growing!). I have to be in a "mood" to play vinyl and that usually is about twice a month. I have Pandora Premium on a Family Plan, SiriusXM in my two vehicles and Amazon Music Unlimited HD as that is now included in the Unlimited package. I had HD for several months and cancelled the HD part as I honestly could not hear a difference so why pay for it? Recently Amazon made it part of the Unlimited package. I may go with a Family Plan for that too. I have a 8 speaker Heos setup around our home. I also have several Grace Digital internet radios too. For some in my family it's just easier to turn on the radio and select a preset!

May 31, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #77,589 of 149,112
No open box or display models for you eh?
Generally no. However, if I know what the cosmetic issue is upfront and what the discount is, I may go for it. It is the expectation of perfection vs harsh reality of mass manufacturing and current day QC practices that get me. It's when you expect a certain level of perfection and find multiple cosmetic issues out of the box.

In my experience, Schiit is pretty good when it comes to cosmetic QC compared to most other companies. I don't think that I have ever bought anything from Schiit that I felt needed returning because of cosmetic flaws.

TV companies are the worst - just go to any TV forum and witness a huge myriad of fairly serious QC issues like dirty screen effect, near black banding, HDR highlight grid effect, IPS backlight clouding, OLED dead pixel clusters and other fun stuff. The scary part is that they have gotten worse during the pandemic because of the demand and they are willingly relaxing their QC practices to meet the demand.

May 31, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #77,591 of 149,112
The question is; Did the hair fall in, or is it growing out of? (if there was an emoji for being a smart-ass I'd put that here):laughing:

May 31, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #77,592 of 149,112
We should have a thread dedicated to finding funny little things like this. For example, let's play "Where's Waldo?" with the main product pic of the IEMagni.

Hint: check out the vent holes.

1622473230382.png
LOL! Good eyes. Took me a bit, as I figured that was just a cat hair on my monitor. :smile:

May 31, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #77,594 of 149,112
My every morning starts with cursing my lousy two-legged pants.

I have only worn pants 4 times since Mid-March 2020... working from home is awesome... Khaki shorts are my version of dressing up these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back