Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #77,447 of 149,121
yeah. Bottas smiles far too much...
I saw just yesterday on Youtube a video of Räikkönen and Giovinazzi around Nurburgring and found out the Iceman can be quite good fun when he wants to!
Also, he managed to scare Giovinazzi to death with his driving, absolutely hilarious

Ah, why am I even describing it, let me build upon yet another off-topic with a link :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #77,448 of 149,121
I run with 8 Vidars into a seven channel system of Martin Logan speakers
I would love to see your speaker and amp setup!
Must be very tedious switching them on and off

May 28, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #77,450 of 149,121
Jason, you mentioned "Tyr," implying that it is a large amp. You guys make very fine affordable gear, so as a drooling fanboy I'm interested. Nobody asked you what kind of amp it is, I'm sorry there is little interest. Is it for loudspeakers?

In a somewhat related matter, I hope you transition to switching supplies using quiet, ultra-low-Z parts like Shunyata (with Hypex?) will be making**. I think that a new class of filter caps with a large copper core at the output has promise too, but I haven't made any yet.**

**These are only predictions, which you receive by the truckload, but are based on the extraordinary properties of certain existing components.
If you want a Hypex class D with a switching supply, there are plenty of options out there. Go spend your money.

May 28, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #77,451 of 149,121

Attachments

• Vidar.jpg
    Vidar.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 0
May 28, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #77,452 of 149,121
Some call him Darth Vidar…

May 28, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #77,454 of 149,121
Re: MQA

When I visit my parents in Italy this summer, I'll be registering a Qobuz account in hope I can then access it from Hungary once registered. It may cost me more than what I pay for Tidal's family pack locally, but getting rid of MQA would be worth every penny.
You could always use a VPN, and then connect to a server in Italy.

May 28, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #77,456 of 149,121
It is easy to turn them on and off. The Denon that I use for surround has a switched outlet on the back. In this I have plugged, a Velodyne ULD-18 and a 110 volt timed relay.
the relay. The relay after one second turns on a 12 volt power supply that runs the first set of 12 volt fans. This relay also powers on the first set of Vidars. This relay also powers up the next timed relay. When powering up, if you are in the garage, you hear a click about every second until all the Vidars are powered. All of the fans are ultra quiet personal computer fans and spin a low RPM. With this setup the Vidars do not get warm. In total there are 8 Vidars and one ULD-18 amp. I have achieved moderation, because more would have been excessive.

May 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #77,459 of 149,121
Tried it. It gets me to a page on Qobuz's website where they wave a disapproving finger at me and tell me they don't like VPNs.
I've had good luck with SurfShark VPN, using the OpenVPN (TCP) protocol. But then I'm based in the US and connecting to a server in India, for Netflix. Or connecting to a US based server to bypass ESPN+ local restrictions on MLS matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back