Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 23, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #75,648 of 149,163
ok, I recognize Tifa. Is that also Bayonetta?

ed
No, that is Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles. That figure was a gift from a close friend. Quite surprising since it's a very expensive figure nowadays.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #75,649 of 149,163
For my money, the more transparent you are about the exact status of back ordered and “in production” items, the better it is. I know it probably means dedicating additional resources to work on this but it is worth it to ensure that there is no long-lasting negative effect on the brand.
Agreed! BUT given the past year I can well understand focusing on supply and production issues (let alone the Texas freeze).....

People tend to assume that *everything* is interconnected; that "status" on the the website, somehow being connected to Schiit's production/supply-chain/vendors is simply not there. Nor is the approach of walking through each product on the site, and determining "current status" on even a weekly basis, practical.

In short, it is what it is.

In my personal case, I ordered a a Gugnir MB in December, and found it would not ship (according to website) until March 15, 2015. At that point, I reasoned that perhaps a Yggdrasil GS, given a supply of existing Analog 1 boards may well ship sooner. Changing the order was as easy as simply emailing them. Response was near immediate. Obviously, I still waited until yesterday; very happy to have it.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #75,651 of 149,163
No, that is Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles. That figure was a gift from a close friend. Quite surprising since it's a very expensive figure nowadays.
Definitely agree with your thoughts on that, only thing for me is that I went to the Schittr in person and spoke with one of the employees there who told me the dates on their site are accurate and if it says "in stock" it will ship within the time frame it shows, which lead me to make a purchase that has now been pushed back to 2-4 weeks on the day I should technically be shipped my product.

Edit: I replied to the wrong person, I'm new here I'm sorry 😂

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #75,652 of 149,163
As long as you don't run out of space to store them there's no such thing as too many headphones. :)
wallet or Significant Other might disagree...
buy once, cry once -- One headphone to rule them all
(and a Loki Mini+ to tweak the not-so-perfect source material)

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #75,653 of 149,163
Definitely agree with your thoughts on that, only thing for me is that I went to the Schittr in person and spoke with one of the employees there who told me the dates on their site are accurate and if it says "in stock" it will ship within the time frame it shows, which lead me to make a purchase that has now been pushed back to 2-4 weeks on the day I should technically be shipped my product.

Edit: I replied to the wrong person, I'm new here I'm sorry 😂
likely @Jason Stoddard has already had a word with them about this, so as to not set customer expectations too high.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #75,654 of 149,163
Agreed! BUT given the past year I can well understand focusing on supply and production issues (let alone the Texas freeze).....

People tend to assume that *everything* is interconnected; that "status" on the the website, somehow being connected to Schiit's production/supply-chain/production is simply not there. Nor is the approach of walking through each product on the site, and determining "current status" on even a weekly basis, practical.

In short, it is what it is.

In my personal case, I ordered a a Gugnir MB in December, and found it would not ship (according to website) until March 15, 2015. At that point, I reasoned that perhaps a Yggdrasil GS, given a supply of existing Analog 1 boards may well ship sooner. Changing the order was as easy as simply emailing them. Response was near immediate. Obviously, I still waited until yesterday; very happy to have it.
congrats on your GS. how does it (with a day of burn-in or so) sound vs the previous DAC ?

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #75,657 of 149,163
Finally received my B-Stock Modius today to feed my Jot2. B-Stock as in B A D Stock. The left output on it is super scratchy and distorted. Both SE and Balanced outputs so it's not a connector issue or a cable issue but more likely something internal. Anyone ever had experience with this and know of a fix? The distortion is there on USB in and Optical in. I'm massively bummed out because it seems like i've been waiting for this schiit stacc for weeks on end. Already emailed schiit and will update the post when they email me back.

Edit Emailed schiit and have an RMA in the mail already. Gonna be a long wait to get the Modius back but until then i have my og Fulla2 driving my Jot2 and it sounds literally 10x better than that modius did. Also have a Modi3+ and Vali arriving sometime next week so the baby stacc will have to hold me over i guess.

I understand the pain. I've been there a couple times with B-stock. Had a Modius arrive with a bad micro-usb connector. Also had a Modi Multibit arrive playing MONO (that was a trip). Both times Laura Z responded quickly and besides the bummer of waiting time, both were fixed and returned to me in a timely fashion.

My concern is items like this making their way into the B-stock list in the first place, as its such a monumental waste of time/energy for Schiit to make it right when it could have been avoided via better screening of the items before relisting.

Needless to say, I dont work there and I'm sure behind the scenes is more complicated than we know as outsiders (even with Jason's awesome habit of sharing some of Schiit's inner workings here on this thread!).

I hope your situation is resolved quickly, and glad to hear you have other Schiit to keep you company in the mean time!

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #75,658 of 149,163
Damn. I know I'm being irrational but I'm feeling like there could be other products being stopped down the line due to parts shortages. Makes me want to spend some time thinking about what my potential audio needs may be for the remainder of the year and just ordering now even with the backorders in case they are outright unavailable later. Maybe I need Jot 2 for my secondary rig. Hmm...

Apr 24, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #75,660 of 149,163
Damn. I know I'm being irrational but I'm feeling like there could be other products being stopped down the line due to parts shortages. Makes me want to spend some time thinking about what my potential audio needs may be for the remainder of the year and just ordering now even with the backorders in case they are outright unavailable later. Maybe I need Jot 2 for my secondary rig. Hmm...
Why? Your current gear (from your signature) is plenty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back