Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 15, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #65,718 of 149,144
My wife drives a Genesis and loves it. I needed some warranty work, called the service department and was put on hold for 35 minutes. Fine. Drove to the dealership to set up the work in person. Complained about the 35 minute hold and was told they've been having 'phone issues'. While waiting for the service advisor I called them, from right in front of the receptionist, and watched the receptionist ignore the incoming call for 10-15 rings and letting it go to voicemail because it was obviously more important to flirt with one of the mechanics.

I know, not fair to bash a company based on this interaction but it wasn't the first or last time I had a less than stellar experience with the dealership.

Lexus seems to be the benchmark in this regard, followed by Mercedes.

The best dealership experience in my experience but I still didn't buy a lexus.

The car was about as exciting as wallpaper paste.

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #65,719 of 149,144
I doubt she does. She too is an engineer. And, based on the latest Chevys she maybe don't deserve a gold yacht, but pretty close to it!

Jokes apart, I knew Mary Barra was the CEO of GM but was under the impression she had been replaced.

The new Corvette is mid engine though so.....

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #65,720 of 149,144
It is soooooo much easier to treat your employees well. That way you keep them. A lot of resources go into recruiting and training your employees. Those resources are wasted when you treat them poorly for some mystical improvement of the bottom line. When those employees leave new ones have to be recruited and trained. Over and over.

^^ This

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #65,724 of 149,144
Jokes apart, I knew Mary Barra was the CEO of GM but was under the impression she had been replaced.

The new Corvette is mid engine though so.....
I know. I have a nice red one sitting in the garage.

It is a spectacularly good car. Kudos to American engineering and production.

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #65,727 of 149,144
Lexus seems to be the benchmark in this regard, followed by Mercedes.

The best dealership experience in my experience but I still didn't buy a lexus.

The car was about as exciting as wallpaper paste.

I have one of the former now and used to have one of the latter. Great service with both, but I had lots more experience with Mercedez as the car visited the dealership every 3 months or so to fix the next thing that broke. Most unreliable car I've ever owned, surpassing even the Chevy Vega I had in my youth. :sweat:

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #65,728 of 149,144
When I got out of the Navy in 1984 my first job was at Apple. In those days every employee was given stock options in exchange for a slightly below-market salary. I worked there for only 8 months but when I walked away I had 1000 option shares at a $5 valuation. At the time the stock was penny stock on the market and I didn't think much of it. A few years later after a couple splits and the stock hit $25 I sold out and thought I had really made a bundle. If I had held out just a few years more... oh well.

Wow. And I'm sure you've done the math, accounting for splits and dividends...

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #65,729 of 149,144
Oct 15, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #65,730 of 149,144
I have one of the former now and used to have one of the latter. Great service with both, but I had lots more experience with Mercedez as the car visited the dealership every 3 months or so to fix the next thing that broke. Most unreliable car I've ever owned, surpassing even the Chevy Vega I had in my youth. :sweat:

Apparently you've never owned a Chrysler product...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back