Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 1, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #65,326 of 145,769
At the moment you can't even buy an extra arm on ordering Sol, so that would surprise me.

It was my understanding that having extra tone arms available was a consideration when designing the SOL, making swapping cartridges all the easier and more convenient. Unless otherwise stated by Jason, I am sure it will eventually come to be.

I could be wrong though :beerchug:

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #65,327 of 145,769
It was my understanding that having extra tone arms available was a consideration when designing the SOL, making swapping cartridges all the easier and more convenient.

I expect that if you ask orders@schiit.com, they'd be fine with adding an additional tonearm or two to a Sol order, or selling a couple if you already own a Sol. I just don't think that we'll be adding a separate order page for the near future, so we can better manage production.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 1, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #65,329 of 145,769
I expect that if you ask orders@schiit.com, they'd be fine with adding an additional tonearm or two to a Sol order, or selling a couple if you already own a Sol. I just don't think that we'll be adding a separate order page for the near future, so we can better manage production.
That is a shame and I'm very surprised to read this. Because I did exactly that, contact orders before ordering my Sol. Couldn't find a drop down to add extra arm(s) so I thought I'd better ask. I asked orders twice before buying and once after buying (just to make sure). The answer all times was no.
It is what held me back for a while before ordering because I wanted at least one extra arm. Eventually I decided to go as is and buy it only with the one with the cartridge mounted.
Quote from the orders mail.
"Hello Jos, I’m sorry but we don’t have any individual tonearms available to sell separately."
So I would very much like to know who to contact to buy extra arm(s) for Sol.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #65,330 of 145,769
That is a shame and I'm very surprised to read this. Because I did exactly that, contact orders before ordering my Sol. Couldn't find a drop down to add extra arm(s) so I thought I'd better ask. I asked orders twice before buying and once after buying (just to make sure). The answer all times was no.
It is what held me back for a while before ordering because I wanted at least one extra arm. Eventually I decided to go as is and buy it only with the one with the cartridge mounted.
Quote from the orders mail.
"Hello Jos, I’m sorry but we don’t have any individual tonearms available to sell separately."
So I would very much like to know who to contact to buy extra arm(s) for Sol.

I'm also speculating, but situations do change, and we should have more production capability now. Ask orders@schiit.com again if you're still interested.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 1, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #65,332 of 145,769
I rewatched THe Sixth Sense. I decided I’d rather see dead people.
I no longer listen to any politicians.
Life's too short to be subjected to so much bullschiit.
The Who had it right with 'Won't get Fooled Again' way back in 1971!

'We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song
I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war
Just like yesterday
We don't get fooled again, no, no
I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?
Yeah
There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight
Just like yesterday
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no, no
Yeah
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss'

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #65,334 of 145,769
My wife works on a local golf course in the summer as a greenskeeper. This is a typical day at work for her this time of year....
Autumn.jpg

She takes great pictures.
Bob Ross!

Oct 1, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #65,335 of 145,769
My all time favorite Who song!
Mine too @Roy G. Biv !
It’s on right now at about 90dB.
Roger Daltrey was on Johnny Walker’s BBC Radio 2 Sounds of the ‘70s show last year and he picked this as his favourite.
That’s good enough for me!
Who’s Next is a serious contender for the elusive ‘flawless album’ which friends and I have discussed endlessly over many pints of fine ale:beyersmile:
Packed full of gems.
I was very lucky to see them live in about '74.
What a band!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #65,336 of 145,769
I have a big, fat, heavy volume of his fiction writings.
I think I have several copies of many of his stories.

I just wish there was a modern author with his style. Uber-creepy but not gory. I read a volume of "modern Lovecraft" and it was all slasher stuff. No like slasher stuff.

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #65,337 of 145,769

I just wish there was a modern author with his style. Uber-creepy but not gory. I read a volume of "modern Lovecraft" and it was all slasher stuff. No like slasher stuff.

The over the top gore stuff just isn't creeptastic! If it doesn't raise the hair on the back of my neck and forearms it's just not unsettling enough, but maybe a laugh or two, or more.

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #65,339 of 145,769
@Les Strat you won't get any fight out of me as far as "Who's Next" being a flawless album :gs1000smile:

One of my favorite concert DVDs is "The Who - Live At Kilburn 1977."

The sound quality on the DVD is phenomenal and it gives a hint as to why so many guitar players rank Townshend as one of the best. Here they are playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" from the Kilburn concert. Obviously, the SQ on the youtoob clip doesn't compare to the DVD but here it is anyway.

@Balthazar B you're not odd for ranking "I Can't Explain" as your personal fave. It's one of their songs that brings me back to my high school days and makes me smile :L3000:

Mine too @Roy G. Biv !
It’s on right now at about 90dB.
If you're not playing at 90dB+ then you're not listening correctly. I'd love to hear it on your system!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #65,340 of 145,769

Try King Rat by China Miéville. Amazing. Terrestrial, but nontheless amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back