Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 14, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #60,646 of 149,163
Oooof. You are going to enjoy that model. Me? I went all silly with a Valhalla2, Asgard2, Vali2, Magni3 mashup. You went all the way to the top of the heap. Congratulations, @PrincessLeliana
pairing it with the new modius 2, hype! :3

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #60,648 of 149,163
Speaking of USB connected DACs, ¿does anyone know if M series Fiio DAPs are able to feed Schiit DACs thru an USB connection?

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #60,649 of 149,163
I’m very tempted to buy the Jotunheim. I’ve been itching for it since December when I bought the Bifrost 2 and it might be time to scratch that itch. We’ll see what happens once I’m back home :)

I’m the opposite. I’ve had a Jotunheim Multibit for a while now, and the drive toward a Bifrost2 is just starting to snowball.

Jotunheim is stupid good. Chances of any buyer’s remorse are very low.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #60,650 of 149,163
Looks great on Freya
It was a must because of my visual handicap, but you may like it just for the looks of it.

knop.jpg

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #60,653 of 149,163
Great choice....will match the balanced from the B2 very well..I have this here and its excellent
Alex

If I recall correctly, you also have cans of the same brand as mine: Focal. Except I have the Elegia (EQ’d to the Harman Target Curve) and you have the Clear?

Looks like I’m in for a treat if I go for the Jot. Been wanting a balanced setup for a long time and I can have cables made custom from a local company.

A shame Schiit’s EU partner is out of stock at the moment but I wouldn’t shy away from ordering straight from the mothership.

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #60,654 of 149,163
Agree... and would not need a Loki built-in, keep Freya s just as is but add a tape send/monitor loop... for Loki, tube buffers, Redacted, tape deck, etc..)
I hope they keep instock a few more months, perfect for me ....had a Saga + but could really use the RCA/XLR conversion and the extra outputs...

I keep switching things in and out of my current setup - I would really like a Schiit preamp with some kind with Home Theatre bypass.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #60,655 of 149,163
I keep switching things in and out of my current setup - I would really like a Schiit preamp with some kind with Home Theatre bypass.
"Integration with home theater via true bypass capability"
"Home Theater Integration, $0. Okay, all you "home theater bypass" guys. All of our preamps offer true home theater bypass. Just plug in your processor's front channels to any input, select Passive mode, and turn the volume all the way up. Presto! 1:1 home theater bypass, with only a relay in the signal path."
https://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-amps-preamps

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #60,656 of 149,163
Sad news.
ORT sounds like someone who would have been great company over a pint or three.
I missed out on the wit and wisdom of his posts, as I was late discovering this forum.
I have just rectified that by going back and reading some of his musings.
They were very funny and brilliantly written.
I loved his term 'frauAudiophile' and also his demolition of the whole MQA scam.
ORT was a force in our 6 person secret kabaal
His illness brought him to a fast farewell to his small troupe of friends here.
Every day brought it's usual non music related discussions and after a day bashing he always left us with info from the not so nice manufacturers.
He 's gone forever, but he will help his 6 friends to find the things they want from Schiit from the inside of the new gear.
I one time asked for a place to remember head-fiers on their way to the eternal hunting fields.
A place to talk about new gizmo's that keep you alive etc. etc.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #60,659 of 149,163
Yea the Hondas were very popular and were what created the derogatory name "rice-burner." I remember I bought the Triumph new in 1970 complete with a matching helmet for right at $2000, which was a lot of money then. I bet I couldn't buy the front wheel for that amount now. The Panhead 'Glide burned oil and leaked like a sieve, yes. Dave (my cousin) had to carry a few cans with him to keep it topped off. But hey, we were young and having a great time.

I sold that bike for a couple hundred dollars I recall. Wish I still had it.
Nortons were the pinnacle of pre-1980 British motorcycles IMO. A good friend in N. California had a restored Super Commando and I used to love taking it for a spin.

I added the date range above because although I've not ridden one, I understand the modern Triumphs are darn good.
The new Triumphs are good indeed, although have recently gone towards BMW pricing. I have a Triumph Explorer 1200 and it’s amazing. The torque curve is almost flat, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, still in first gear. Now if I only had more free time to ride it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back