Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 17, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #56,851 of 149,159
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 22.23.31.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 22.23.19.png

Two months after I cancelled my order, I got a $10 "discount" on my new order, plus a newer tube. Yeay!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 22.23.19.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 22.23.19.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 17, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #56,852 of 149,159
Indeed! If there's a Jil/Hel with Unison USB for the ADC functions, I'll be more than happy to get one too
The Schiit Pi they talked about?
Put me on the list for beta testing
I understand that the SCHIIT LOKI Tone controller goes between the DAC analogue output and the external preamp/amp analogue inputs. Is there any way to use this gadget with a CHORD DAVE/HMS set up? Since the preamp/amp is integral to the DAVE, am not sure how this could work without polluting the chain with an external amp.
You can put the Loki anywhere in the analog chain before the amp. If your unit is DAC/preamp/amp all-in-one, you can't use it.
With the HEL, Asgard 2, and other all-in-one boxes, I would[n't] be surprised if Schiit released some uber-ADC-DAC-ComboBurrito-Gadget-Redacted-Pi-LokiMAX-Unison thing. With the GI-Joe KungFu grip. :ksc75smile:

...with RGB lighting that pulses seductively to the music. Aaaaaand, VU meters! Yep. Yep. Yep.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #56,853 of 149,159
But then again, these are my opinions, and like I said, corporate types tend to think I'm insane.

But.....but..... MONEY.

I remember a time (just barely though) when common business practice was to earn a customer's trust and let sales naturally follow from that. Now, the very idea is seen as insane by 99.9% of capitalists in this nation.

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #56,855 of 149,159
Seems like there's a little bit of resentment on money. If you guys dislike money, I'm glad to take that away from you :)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #56,856 of 149,159
Seems like there's a little bit of resentment on money. If you guys dislike money, I'm glad to take that away from you :)

It's not money per se, it's the greed that is repulsive. (And the lack of equitable distribution of wealth, and I'll stop before I fall off the cliff of politix.)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #56,857 of 149,159
With the HEL, Asgard 2, and other all-in-one boxes, I would[n't] be surprised if Schiit released some uber-ADC-DAC-ComboBurrito-Gadget-Redacted-Pi-LokiMAX-Unison thing. With the GI-Joe KungFu grip. :ksc75smile:

...with RGB lighting that pulses seductively to the music. Aaaaaand, VU meters! Yep. Yep. Yep.

If it's got GI Joe Kung Fu Grip I'm in. I can't tell you how long I've waited for audio gear with GI Joe Kung Fu Grip.

I'd like to see a Schiit DAP... Mobile Schiit.

Feb 18, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #56,860 of 149,159
@Jason Stoddard , I see that Schiit no longer sells USB bridge Eitr. Is there going to be new and improved "Unison USB bridge" in the near future, or have you guys stopped making USB bridges completely?
Jason wrote this a year ago: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...most-improbable-start-up.701900/post-14793780
Eitr sold well for a time, but it appears its time has passed. No huge deal; we never pushed it as a product, and I'm not sad to see it go.

So will there never be a Unison Eitr? Not impossible, but not high on the list. We have a lot more interesting things to introduce. And soon.

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #56,862 of 149,159
I still can't believe Schiit's openness. Part of the reason I just started out with a small headphone amp, and looks like I'll be slowly working my way up the product line.

Sounds cornball, but there's a "vibe" here, that reminded me of my experience in the 1970's with Roger Sound Labs as a young man. I could afford JBL's if I wanted, but went with RSL who put a face behind their product. Skin in the game, in more ways than one, made it more personal to me, even if in the end I was just an unknown Joe-random buyer. Kind of like they made them for *me*. :)

So same feeling here with Schiit. So whether it's actual hardware, software, or e-biz - the feeling is that they are simply doing their best without selling out, which is always very tempting.

Funny thing is back then, a trip to RSL, with the sights, sounds, and SMELL was a total experience. My Magni Heresy came in a box from Amazon with other stuff I needed - socks, electrical tape, cables, other sundry stuff. When opened, I was thankful to be able to do this, but kinda missed the religious experience of brick-n-mortar..

So thanks for the candor, the engineering, and actually staying in business so I can get my hands on your stuff. It takes a team right? Right! You're Bloody Well Right!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #56,865 of 149,159

While it's bad short term for the industry, most of the SOL owners probably have large collections of records already, (whose value will increase in the short term).
The plant workers have the knowledge and experience to re-build again, and with industry backing ($$$), would likely be able to produce a next gen product of higher quality using newer machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back