1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. sam6550a
    Or replace it with solid state material.

bcowen likes this.
  2. bcowen
    Well if you're going to state it like that, I prefer the vacuum. :stuck_out_tongue:

sam6550a likes this.
  3. Zojokkeli
    I was once told that my mind is like the space, a great vacuum.

bcowen likes this.
  4. bcowen
    :laughing: You should feel blessed you've only been told that once. Me? I can't count that high. :confounded:

5. ScottFree
    Anyway giving some Schiit out as Christmas presents this year?

axle11, Paladin79 and bcowen like this.
  6. Paladin79
    I am.

A Freya plus, a Hel, and I may grab a B stock amp/DAC combo once I decide on appropriate headphones. I may also give an amp as a house warming gift once speakers are chosen.

Last year I gave a lot of Coasters as stocking stuffers.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    axle11, Darthpool, EELawson and 2 others like this.
  7. RickB
    Underlying reality is a blank canvas. You guys are just closer to that canvas. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Darthpool and bcowen like this.
  8. yonson
    @Jason Stoddard

Magni Heresy showed up today. I see it includes a 15V power supply. Can we use Cthulu with Heresy? If so which lead would it need?

thebmc and bcowen like this.
  9. Yethal
    I remember Mike hinting at a remote control for Yggy awhile back (appearently it would only require swapping the front board for one with IR receiver). Wish Schiit went that way, I literally upgraded from Rag 1 to Rag 2 because I was too lazy to get off the couch to change volume.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    leonthebumme and thebmc like this.
  10. bcowen
    I was thinking about giving my just-turned 16 year old son my Modi Multibit (replaced in my rig by a Bifrost 2) and my Vali 2. I asked him a few weeks ago if he was interested in his own HP setup, and he said "Sure, as long as it doesn't have any of those grandpa-old tube things sticking out the top." So I disowned him. :relaxed:

Sometimes a change of strategy is required with young-uns, so I ordered him a HEL. He's more into games than music by itself. Hopefully in the near future we can trash-can the Beats and get him some real HP's as it's long past time he comes to grip with his inherited addiction to good audio stuff. :relaxed:

axle11, rollinbr, Darthpool and 11 others like this.
  11. ScottFree
    [​IMG]

12. bcowen
    The specs for the Heresy indicate 14vac, so it seems that would be a safe choice from the Cthulu (assuming you have the 14v lead available). One of the 16v leads may work too, but I'd verify with @Jason Stoddard or Schiit first myself.

yonson, Paladin79 and Ripper2860 like this.
  13. Roy G. Biv
    Thanks for the much needed laugh this afternoon!

14. sam6550a
    Not as good looking as yours, but very functional!

Paladin79 and bcowen like this.
  15. sam6550a
    My attachment got lost-will try again.

Paladin79 and bcowen like this.