1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Ripper2860
    I firmly believe that while one cannot please everyone, there's nothing wrong with setting ones sights on a more realistic goal of pleasing me. :smirk:

2. ScubaMan2017
    I'll get back to the thread about it. Both DACs have the multbit chipset, so it ALL sounds "good".
    Oh, it's nice. Like having black cats, my iCamera's auto-focus struggled to lock onto the surface. The false vents in the Bifrost is weird; however, the DAC seems to run cooler than my ModiMB (weird).
    I'll post a picture after I scrub the personal meta-data off the image (the bloody image-info has coordinates of my home and my name)... unnerving. :triportsad::triportsad:
    I'll keep an eye out for it! Interesting...
    My hunch: if one can afford the kW-h cost, leave the gear on. I turn my tube amp off to (supposedly) prolong my tube life {{{a family friend visited us last night and took issue with that strategy. He tried to convince me that turning the tubes on-and-off shorten tube life... that HIS recording gear and DAW doesn't have an on/off switch. I think what's really happening is somewhere between these 2 mindsets}}}. I look at my new classic stack. According to the motherboard pictures, the Asgard 2 seems to have 4 points just behind the headphone jack that dissipate heat into the chassis. That part of the case is significantly warmer than the rest of the amp. The cooling fins on top of the transform makes the (attractive) silver logo warm to the touch.
    I know you're right, @G0rt . In the city, my selection of FM is... meh...
    Unless Schiit offers some kind of analogue device that has VU meters, I might end up DIY-ing my own contraption ( @Jason Stoddard ... is there any market-appetite for a Loki-2.0-VU-meter creation?).
    Wellllll, crap. I remember seeing a wall poster on a documentary about Bruce Power (a nuclear power facility on the southern edge of Lake Huron). Our future home's juuuuust north of the predicted fallout zone. Thank you, Mister-sam6550a-suzy-sunshine. Sheesh. :ksc75smile:
    That's true and it makes me sad. There's a WKRP-like radio station out of Wingham, Ontario (link) that my cougar-woman and I (ScubaMan, or cougarbearcat?) listen to when on the North Bruce Peninsula (Venus Flytrap & Les Nessman LIVE). There was also a CBC podcast by Terry O'Reilly, about the death of radio (and rebirth of boutique[?!] radio) (link).

Ableza and bcowen like this.
  3. bcowen
    The realization of world peace, a cure for cancer, and the global eradication of hunger would be easier. :grinning:

Darthpool and Ripper2860 like this.
  4. Ripper2860
    That's right. Be a lamer, throw your hands up, avoid the seemingly difficult stuff and only take on the easy stuff. You won't go far in life with that attitude, @bcowen !

bcowen likes this.
  5. Darthpool
    One of my favorite quotes “the hard thing, about hard things, is they are hard” ~ Ben Horowitz

Byronb, sam6550a, Paladin79 and 4 others like this.
  6. Ableza
    That’s what she said.

7. bcowen
    My goal has always been to excel at mediocrity. Am I succeeding? :stuck_out_tongue:

8. RickB
    So much so you were promoted to good and thus failed.

9. bcowen
    Damnit. Why does stuff like this always happen to me?

10. RickB
    It's a gift! :wink:

Paladin79, bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  11. johnjen
    Really it's a 'feature' not a fault…
    hahahahaha JJ

RickB, Paladin79, bcowen and 3 others like this.
  12. sam6550a
    Good idea, but you don't want to live in a vacuum.

13. GearMe

Ripper2860, 33na3rd, bcowen and 2 others like this.
  14. JohnnyCanuck
    Perhaps we should consider the greater good here before rushing off to judgement

JC

15. bcowen
    LOL! I should probably limit the vacuum to what's between my ears. :laughing:

Paladin79 and GearMe like this.