1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. CoryGillmore
    I actually came in here to ask about this lol. Is there any reason to ever turn my Jotunheim off? Or should I just leave it on all the time? Thanks

bcowen likes this.
  2. G0rt
    Last FM I owned was a MicroMega, with SP/DIF output. Nice, but now bested in every way by cheap SDR (Software Defined Radio) dongles and free software (currently, AirSpy HF+.)

bcowen likes this.
  3. Paladin79
    IMG_1535.jpg IMG_1536.jpg

I am doing some preliminary setup on a device I just built to honor ORT and his love of VU meters. I have not figured out the labeling I want to use yet but it shall be the ORT Gandalf. This is one of a kind, except for a smaller version I will build for my mini rack. They are NOT something I would sell or build for anyone else.
    When completed I will be able to check various levels though out this system and it will be switchable between four stereo inputs and there will be at least four outputs so that I do not give up any outputs on existing gear.

4. bcowen
    If it were mine and excepting long absences like vacation or something, I'd just leave it on all the time and especially if it had the DAC module in it. But that's just what I'd do. Schiit may recommend a different approach.

ScubaMan2017 and CoryGillmore like this.
  5. bcowen
    I'm with 'ya on that....the components of years past I never should have sold. I had a Harman Kardon Citation IIIx that I wish was still here. With a good signal it produced some really nice music. Yes, it had tubes in it. LOL!

6. bcowen
    LOL!!

7. bcowen
    Just be sure it has tubes in it so it can survive the EMP of the nuclear blast. :relaxed:

ScubaMan2017, RickB and sam6550a like this.
  8. sam6550a
    Don't disregard the neutron and prompt gamma products of the nuclear event.

bcowen likes this.
  9. bcowen
    Sweet! Love the carbon fiber.

Now you need an additional shelf for the rack. There is no 'end' to this, only waypoints. :relaxed:

10. Paladin79
    I may be limited by ceiling height if I keep adding things. :ksc75smile:

ScubaMan2017, Rensek, FLTWS and 2 others like this.
  11. bcowen
    I have enough tubes to make a totally enclosed walk-in shelter. Maybe I should start working on construction plans. :relaxed:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  12. bcowen
    LOL! Perhaps when you get done adding the shelf you need to get started on raising the ceiling. :relaxed:

Paladin79 likes this.
  13. Paladin79
    Well my wife is away for a bit, maybe she won't notice. It is amazing the amount of work you can get done when a kitten wakes you up at five AM, it is not even noon and I am looking around for other projects anyway.

Hey soon I will send you a couple JJ 6sn7's to check out, unless you have them already. I have one in a Lyr 3 right now and it is not too shabby.

bcowen likes this.
  14. Ableza
    AM/FM tuner = dedicated commercial delivery device. No thanks. :)

15. RickB
    LOL!

bcowen likes this.