Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 4, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #54,287 of 148,607
Dec 4, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #54,289 of 148,607
I am very happy I grabbed a LISST when I bought my original saga. Great to have in and avoid tubes being used when doing casual listening, or breaking speakers in, or when you want to leave the gear on all day.

Awwww....man. Just get more tubes. That's why they have sockets. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Tube Stash Combined Full Size.jpg

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #54,290 of 148,607
Yep, no hoarding going on here, nothing to see, just move along.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #54,292 of 148,607
I guess any way that allows you to see what the tube type is without digging some out from below. Mark the end flaps on replacement boxes If not already marked. If you have a lot of tubes and need Tupperware tub containers, storing on ends takes up less space so you can get more in as well as see what they are. I store mine on their sides in 12 x 12 x 2 cardboard display boxes with hinged lids, I just don't have that many. Odd shapes like some of my Psvanes get a separate box for each type, that's usually the way they are shipped.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #54,293 of 148,607
Dec 4, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #54,294 of 148,607
Yep, no hoarding going on here, nothing to see, just move along.

That's collecting you see there. Yup, collecting. Plus a few spares for the spares.

There's no such thing as too many tubes, unless of course they're GE-made GE's in which case 1 is too many. :smile:

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #54,295 of 148,607
How do you store tubes without their original box? Should they always be upwards? Any tips?

I get quite a few tubes from @bcowen and they are always in original or brand new boxes so the first thing I do is remove the tubes from the boxes, use the boxes for fire starter, then store the tubes on their side like bottles of red wine. Generally they just become cat toys anyway so why make Finnegan open the little boxes? This is not the preferred method of handling tubes but it causes Bill to go into what appears to be a panic attack so that is always good for an evenings entertainment. Eventually I just make up a story about how they sounded cause oftentimes I never see them again anyway. Oh eventually I will move our refrigerator forward and find the tubes safely stored with a season's worth of other cat toys but they are perfectly safe under there.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #54,296 of 148,607
@Jason Stoddard
What is the rationale for redesigning the Magni? The two new versions put out a bit less power than the Magni 3, and the other measurable differences between all three versions are likely inaudible to %99.99999 of people. Do they sound better or different in immeasurable ways? Are they cheaper to produce? What am I missing? I doubt the point was change for change's sake or to create fodder for the Thunderdome.

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #54,297 of 148,607
That's collecting you see there. Yup, collecting. Plus a few spares for the spares.

There's no such thing as too many tubes, unless of course they're GE-made GE's in which case 1 is too many. :smile:

I have a stockpile of GE tubes that Bill will most likely buy from me one day when he becomes senile, I can wait him out, the tubes are not going anywhere and I certainly do not plug them into amplifiers on purpose. :ksc75smile:

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #54,298 of 148,607
I have a stockpile of GE tubes that Bill will most likely buy from me one day when he becomes senile, I can wait him out, the tubes are not going anywhere and I certainly do not plug them into amplifiers on purpose. :ksc75smile:

I really don't want those back. That's why I sent them to you to begin with after debating if they were even worth the postage cost. Send them to @Ripper2860 . He hoards all tubes, even GE's. :relaxed:

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #54,300 of 148,607
...This is not the preferred method of handling tubes but it causes Bill to go into what appears to be a panic attack so that is always good for an evenings entertainment. Eventually I just make up a story about how they sounded cause oftentimes I never see them again anyway.

And those stories are pretty entertaining on my end, 'cause I'm thinking "Man, this guy couldn't hear a semi smashing into the side of his house. Send worn out Philips ECG's next time." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back