Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 14, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #53,461 of 149,171
Ditto. Assuming the transducer is squared away (for now) -- SOURCE FIRST!!

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #53,462 of 149,171
Thanks @mymindinside @Hofy and @Tim van der leew! Great to see positive feedback and others getting on board with the package plan!
Im giddy at adding some new schiit gear in my office...alongside 4 other Schiit products! ha! dig it!

Peace .n. "We are the Music Makers and We are the Dreamers of Dreams" -w. wonka (orig O'shaugnessy)

Three Toes of Fury

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #53,463 of 149,171
Did someone say something about the Devon Tread? :)

Devon is one of the most customer-oriented companies in the watch world. I've owned them for years and their support has always been nothing short of absolutely amazing. They build products that are 100% made in America, practically the only US-based brand with any recognition at all in the horology world. I will buy anything they make in the future.

Now, I also want to know when the Jot R ships and whether you'll have a bundle deal with R-R...

90ECuQB.jpg

(yes, both of these are mine)

vZL3nfX.jpg
a Fulla is about the same size as a Devon. Gonna take of my Skagen and give the Fulla a try on my wrist. :)

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #53,464 of 149,171
I'm still surprised about the number of people who know about you, but don't know about the book.
i am surprised i read all those words
reading is so old fashioned, nowadays it’s videos on -u to be-

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #53,465 of 149,171
For the price, they're an amazing deal. Absoluately amazing.

Too bad they're only available with US power supplies. I guess that's down to the boards that you guys found?
If they'd have been with EU power supplies, I might have been tempted, just because of that good price, to get something from that list...
i think the power supply is the same but the wires are connected differently to the IEC

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #53,467 of 149,171
i am surprised i read all those words
reading is so old fashioned, nowadays it’s videos on -u to be-

For which I'm guilty-as-charged for contributing to.

I did recently read a book on martial arts, Aikido specifically, which was absolutely extraordinary. Its intensity is such that I couldn't read anything for some time afterward without quickly becoming bored.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #53,468 of 149,171
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #53,469 of 149,171
For which I'm guilty-as-charged for contributing to.

I did recently read a book on martial arts, Aikido specifically, which was absolutely extraordinary. Its intensity is such that I couldn't read anything for some time afterward without quickly becoming bored.
I know the feeling well. I read or listen to four books a week on average but after a great one I find it difficult to find another that will match up. Being in several book clubs helps, some of my favorite books were suggested by others.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #53,470 of 149,171
Qobuz is going heads on with the new Amazon HD Music service. It is called Qobuz Studio Premier
This wew subscription form announced on Qobuz for only $ 14,99 monthly for CD quality and Hi-Res quality.
Old subscriptions to Qobuz HiFi and Qobuz Studio will automatically move to the new and pay less

https://www.whathifi.com/news/qobuz-says-no-to-mp3

I'm sure they read the writing on the wall and knew if they didn't respond on price, Amazon would drive them out of business very quickly. Could still happen, but not on account of pricing to the consumer.

I sure wish their music discovery functionality was better (should say existed). Unless they get better in the radio/playlist area, it'll be tough to compete with everyone else who has those (hello Qobuz: lots of your potential customer base loves those features!). And if Spotify decides to offer a high-res service at competitive rates, all bets are off. Could become a two or three horse race at that point.

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #53,471 of 149,171
I'm considering a iPhone just because I want an apple watch.

I got an iPhone through work and Apple watch is tempting, but I can’t let my Speedmaster go, and wearing two watches would look silly.

Allrighty how about this. What change makes a bigger difference in the system.

DACs or Amps.

I have Modi Multibit& Bifrost 4490 > Saga > Vidar > Zu Omen DW (in the amazing walnut veneer).

I can afford Bifrost or Aegir, but not both. Given the components listed above, which would make a bigger difference in my system? Bifrost 2 or Aegir?

Public replies and PMs welcome. Maybe @Jason Stoddard would chime in.

I'm currently leaning Bifrost then Aegir.

Apologies if I've asked this here before. Let's avoid any of the typical audiophile wanderings. Bifrost 2 or Aegir. Only options for me.

In my experience amps make bigger difference than DACs.
Headphones/speakers of course make the biggest difference, a good amp will make a noticeable difference, and DACs make a subtler difference. I’d make the DAC the last thing to worry about.

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #53,472 of 149,171
I know the feeling well. I read or listen to four books a week on average but after a great one I find it difficult to find another that will match up. Being in several book clubs helps, some of my favorite books were suggested by others.

One of my favorite authors puts out a new book every 3 or 4 months, I usually devour those in a day or 2. In between I'll catch up on other books I've added to my queue usually at a much slower pace unless I find a series that really grabs me, I rarely read single books because I really enjoy reading about the same character(s) doing new things etc...

I really enjoyed Jason's "Winning Mars" but man did I wish it was about 2 or 3 times as long...

Nov 15, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #53,473 of 149,171
@Rensek looking at what others have written, I think one of the key items is whether you can hear a large difference between the two DAC's (modi multibit, Bifrost 4490) using the hardware you currently own. looking at the tech descriptions, I would expect Bifrost2 to perform somewhere between the Bifrost Multibit OG and Gungnir MB. Bifrost2 is also much lighter, and therefore cheaper, shipping-wise, to return if it doesn't make a noticeable improvement. If you're running at low volumes (since Zu Omen DW is rate d97dB/Watt), then both Vidar and Aegir should be operating in their class A biasing range, and I would expect similar sound.

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #53,474 of 149,171
i think the power supply is the same but the wires are connected differently to the IEC
might want check with Schiit to see if its just soldered jumpers to change from 120V-60Hz to 240V-50Hz compatibility. In the case of Asgard2, removal of the pcb also means detaching then subsequently reattaching the output transistors (mosfets) to the case. For Bifrost OG, there is a video on how to get the front panel LED's back into their tiny holes when re-assembling.

Nov 15, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #53,475 of 149,171
One of my favorite authors puts out a new book every 3 or 4 months, I usually devour those in a day or 2. In between I'll catch up on other books I've added to my queue usually at a much slower pace unless I find a series that really grabs me, I rarely read single books because I really enjoy reading about the same character(s) doing new things etc...

I really enjoyed Jason's "Winning Mars" but man did I wish it was about 2 or 3 times as long...

I read Winning Mars as well and I have read many series when I wanted some light reading. Alex Cross, Jack Reacher, etc, my favorite is the Pendergast series by Preston and Child. Most of the modern sci-fi I read is by Neal Stephenson, China Mieville or Nick Harkaway, but I did read most all of the classics of that genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back