1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Dana Reed
    black metal!
    abbath-gary-wolstenholmeredferns.jpg

2. RickB
    The Apple Watch fitness (and heart) monitoring is terrific. It's got me walking everyday now.

liamo, Rensek and Jason Stoddard like this.
  3. yonson
    I'd love to try a pair of Aegir, however I know a couple guys that have tried them with similar loads I have and they go into over-current way to easily, so I'll wait a couple years until Jason releases the BIG Continuity amps that are hopefully stable into 4 ohm mono loads, hint hint nudge nudge...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    QueYo and Rensek like this.
  4. Tim van der Leeuw
    Will that be called AmpBiguity then?

5. Rensek
    I'm considering a iPhone just because I want an apple watch.

RickB likes this.
  6. Jason Stoddard
    Time to stand!
    You can do it!
    Close your rings!
    You can still do it! A brisk, 23 minute walk... (delivered at 10:50PM, LOL)...

Just kidding a bit...I actually like my Apple Watch.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
    ScubaMan2017, liamo, Jheal and 2 others like this.
  7. Bazile
    I went the expensive route in reminder technology. Been married 43 years now...

MatthiasP, MtnMan307, DougD and 18 others like this.
  8. Rensek
    With the Zu's and my current setup/room I doubt Vidar rarely leaves class A (if ever). IIRC Vidar does about 1W into class A, but i believe it was also said that Vidar performs best when cranked up a bit. There was some measurements I saw somewhere else that seemed to validate that.

I believe Aegir was designed to perform at all levels as that is necessary for the higher efficiency speakers.

I have a hard time selling gear, I'm debating whether to sell Vidar and get an Aegir, or keep Vidar for my garage and save for an Aegir. Tough choices. I have never been the kind to buy something and then sell it later. That approach probably doesn't work well for this hobby.

EELawson, QueYo and yonson like this.
  9. Alexnova
    Awesome, may have to pick up a Bifrost 4490. Does it come with Gen 5 USB?

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  10. yonson
    Yeah, the Zu's are quite efficient too, unlike my towers which are 87, 87, and 89 so when you are wanting 100+ dB at 12 feet away, you are REALLY pushing them...

11. Jason Stoddard
    Yep!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  12. Zhanming057
    Did someone say something about the Devon Tread? :)

Devon is one of the most customer-oriented companies in the watch world. I've owned them for years and their support has always been nothing short of absolutely amazing. They build products that are 100% made in America, practically the only US-based brand with any recognition at all in the horology world. I will buy anything they make in the future.

Now, I also want to know when the Jot R ships and whether you'll have a bundle deal with R-R...

[​IMG]

(yes, both of these are mine)

[​IMG]

13. ScubaMan2017
    RE: Practical engineering and problem-solving. When I worked at Yves Veggie Cuisine, many production insights and improvements came from 'the line. There is a YouTube video posted by an employee who toured Schiit's board company (JAXX MANUFACTURING [link]). I wonder how many brainstorming sessions crop up in the lunchroom?
    Re: A Cult? +1 on that, eh. :flag_ca:

14. White Noise
    Not having opened one of these things up, and not being an engineer, I expect it'd be filled with op-amps and other magic black boxes. And some of these things do 48 volt phantom power off of USB... (the one I linked has a dedicated power supply, but the lesser models don't). I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult for you to do better. The software and drivers for these things are serious schiit though. Stay out of that mess!

15. reedoo
    Question. Would it make sense to ditch physical remotes and make it all app based? Here’s my case. You avoid multiple remotes that do look the same. When the CD transport comes we got more remotes. You could give more in-depth information on status, source, etc without adding anything physical to the face of the components. I say face because I have no idea what would be needed inside. I’ve gotten used to the ritual of flipping the switch on Vidar (that automatically switches Saga via a smart power strip). What I don’t like is remotes. I’d like to have my source control (Roon, Amazon, Tidal, etc.) and system control on one device - a tablet, phone or laptop. Thoughts? Arguments?