1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. PolarBehr
    Paradigm Studio 20’s, 8 Ohms, Sensitivity Room 89 dB, Anechoic 86 dB. I also have a pair of Definitive Technology Pro Sub 10’s tuned to crossover at about 55 Hz (bottom end of the Studio 20’s) fed line level directly from the Freya S.

S-S-MR, A Jedi and Rensek like this.
  2. liquidsmote
    Wow ... missing 6 months on this site is like missing 6 years anywhere else :astonished:

Still trying to catch up ... but far enough along to have just placed an order for a Bifrost 2!

3. Brubacca
    Paradigm Studio Line was wicked good. I still regret selling my gen 1 studio 20s. They cost me $600 new and were great speakers.

thebmc likes this.
  4. Currawong Contributor
    Way back, the first ever Schiit product I heard, at a meet, was their first ever product, the Asgard. I didn't like it back then (I think I tried it with LCD-2s, so maybe just not a good match) but the new Asgard 3 is a totally different beast. The Bifrost 2 has been a surprise too. Think of a slightly more forgiving, and slightly less detailed Yggy.

IMG_3173.jpeg

5. darkfireblade25
    Review incoming?

ScubaMan2017, S-S-MR and MrPanda like this.
  6. Currawong Contributor
    Indeed.

ScubaMan2017, S-S-MR, motberg and 2 others like this.
  7. caenlenfromOCN
    Can you listen to the song Elan from Nightwish? I'd like to hear your thoughts of that song with the Asgard 3. If no, all good, just thought I'd ask.

8. Currawong Contributor
    I only have the Sundaras, not the HE-400S, but the Asgard 3 seems to drive them with a reasonable amount of relaxed ease, without sounding too "forced", listening to that track. This using an Yggy as a source. It doesn't quite bring out the drama during the chorus that my big amps can though.

9. Paladin79
  10. Odin412
    My Aegir shipped this morning! I was planning to visit the Schittr to listen to it before ordering, but work and life keep getting in the way so I decided to just order it. My Zu Omen Dirty Weekends are looking forward to meeting their new partner.

11. scottbrown5271
    Wow! That sounds good for (IMO) all the right reasons. It is a live take in a great sounding room with all analog gear. There are 2(!) Studer 2" tape machines running as well. Guitar players and keyboard artists are going to use reverb, but it sounds like the mixing engineer didn't go for the standard cop-out with great washes of main bus compression and reverb. NO! What we have is the sound of the room winding it's way around the music. Very nice indeed!

12. Rensek
    I think there are alot of us that want to know how that pairing turns out.

13. jcflox
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

I am eyeing some of the 1578's (noting all the specific details to watch for).

Would having just a single matched pair in the gain side of Freya+ make much difference (with the stock Tung-Sol in the other), or do all four need to be the 1578s to really make it worthwhile?

14. Paladin79
    You will notice the most effect in the gain side IMHO so were I to just change two tubes, those would be the ones. It is also a good way to find out if you like those tubes before investing $400 plus, or whatever you are able to find them for. I try a lot of single tubes in a Vali 2, Bottlehead Crack, and similar amps before I start buying pairs. Folks either really like, or really dislike the Melz 1578. They tend to disappear pretty quickly when they become available. If you ever have doubts about any you see for sale, PM me a link and I will try to help with advice so you do not get burned.

I have run into a lot of issues with pin solder on the Russian tubes, if you get a pair and they start giving you problems, send them to me and I will replace the solder at no cost or walk you through the process.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  15. Odin412
    I will report back once the new family member has settled in.