1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. JohnnyCanuck
    Hey! I use Britta water filters, too.

I obviously should have added "YMMV".

:sunglasses:

JC

2. sam6550a
    Your conditions may vary. I have a house powered from the 14.4KV line by a dedicated 25 KVa transformer---I am the ONLY load on this transformer, and all of my outlet circuits are 120V/20A/12AWG, including 2 circuits only for the entertainment gear. Have I found noise contributors in the house? Yes, and I have removed them. Unfortunately, my power reliability is nothing to brag about, so I have a 22KW whole house standby generator. I manually energize it if I think that I have a power noise problem. in exchange for all of this wonderfulness, I am gifted with a clueless ISP that claim that I get 10MBs DSL speed, but usually downloads at less than 1MBs, when it is working at all. Outages are frequent, but the bill is US$120 per month. LIFE IS A TRADEOFF!!

3. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I read that a lot but I don't know what it means and am much too embarrassed to ask...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  4. JohnnyCanuck
    YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary. It's a reference to decades ago when north american car companies were first required by law to post their gas mileage. The mileages quoted were not a result of realistic conditions hence the disclaimer, YMMV.

JC

5. jfoxvol
    I have the original floor version and it really does make a difference in my system.

Alcophone likes this.
  6. Oveja Negra
    It's easier if you copy/paste the term in Google search bar, add urban dictionary and that's it. No need to ask nor feel embarrassed because even Constanza knew what YMMV means.

7. Ableza
    Check a few of your neighbors and let us know how their power stability is.

8. leonthebumme
    Kind of a noob-ish question, but how would I know if my one Aegir isn't providing enough power? Measuring with a kill-a-watt to see if it is maxing out the power draw based on the specs?

Is it a simple "it won't play loud enough" answer? Or something more complex/subtle than that? Less dynamics during complex or louder parts, or diminished SQ somehow?

I wouldn't want to consider adding a 2nd Aegir down the line only to realize it brings absolutely nothing beyond what I already have.

gljus likes this.
  9. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Probably but she never told me. Now she grinning at my embarrassment.
    So.... now I'm going to play 30 minutes of ABBA aloud and listen to some cool jazz on the cans.
    That'll teach her.

10. Derrick Swart
    Good idea! The Schiit Brick

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  11. Oveja Negra
    Mentioning ABBA makes me to have Dancing Queen playing non-stop in my mind... for the rest of the day. D-A-M-N.

12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Well, Constanza just fled to her water loo.

RCBinTN likes this.
  13. Alcophone
    Same. Only in my speaker system, didn't notice a difference with my headphone gear.

14. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Then you're lucky and you should celebrate.
    That's 60 minutes of BoneyM for you because we do not have that same luxury.

RCBinTN likes this.
  15. rkw
    As usual, Urban Dictionary didn't disappoint for interesting and entertaining slang definitions.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ymmv (#6, #7 NSFW)