1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. mp29k
    Link? This seems like an April Fool's joke itself. I really hope Tekton doesn't sell or issue an IPO. We can look forward to $1500 Bifrosts, $4000 Yggy's and $2000 Vidar's if that is the case.

Derrick Swart likes this.
  2. Odin412
    To my ears the Zu Omen speakers image very well - the speakers really disappear and if you close your eyes you can really imagine the singer(s) and instruments before you. YMMV, as always.

Rensek likes this.
  3. Ultimateaudioslave
    Any schiit-head here knows when Rag 2 is coming out? I thought I read somewhere that it is scheduled for march release.

4. Leopold Nenning
    Two similar questions, will Aegir be released tomorrow in Europe as well. Or do we have to wait? And how many Aegirs will make it to Europe?

5. Clemmaster
    It might be a while longer, since they decided to go with a Gungnir style DAC card after all!
    04/1

Rensek, Mike-WI and Derrick Swart like this.
  6. Derrick Swart
    Behringer goes even below Schiit pricing, most likely because production is not in Germany and HQ neither. The ultramatch pro is for 200 bucks an engineering secret and Behringer has more of that stuff:wink:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  7. Derrick Swart
    There will be a BiG bang

Edit: for your bucks $•/\/\•€

8. nicoch46
    dumping factor is relate to output impedence ,and yes to me lower dump sound better ...single ended is a tipical ones ,the lowers is like my tube amps....but need the correct speakers an high Qts like openbaffle that is self control ...this is a basic of elettronics and sound in pratical no magic

9. Derrick Swart
    Could you elaborate please?

10. nicoch46
    speakers interact a lot with amp especial the pushpull that have negative feedback ,the signal is take from spk and send to input ,normally have a coil for load stability a zobel cell that interact too

11. Mike-WI
    Is that speculation or a fact?
    I hadn't seen that information.

12. nicoch46
  13. Scott Kramer
  14. Ableza
    The day 6 Moons becomes a reliable source for technical information is the day I eat my hat and resign from all things audio.

Rather than get into a discussion of DF and its importance (or lack thereof) to audio amplifier performance, I will bow out of this discussion by referring you to a more technical resource, although one still written in layman's language: https://trueaudio.com/post_013.htm Perhaps this will help you, perhaps not.

valiant66, RCBinTN, sam6550a and 5 others like this.
  15. Derrick Swart
    Of course every amp sounds different with different speakers, pick the combination you like i’d say