1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. US Blues
    This Gungnir owner wouldn't mind an upgrade path to Gumby 2. Just saying.

Rensek likes this.
  2. EELawson
    Same here, for the Aejirs.....

Rensek likes this.
  3. Jason Stoddard
    There may be no Schiitr impressions because there were only a couple of people there on Friday. Because of this lack of attention, we are cancelling Aegir and Ragnarok 2. Sorry.

(Kidding, of course. Relax.)

It’s not surprising the turnout was thin, because it was raining, and it’s about 3X more sucky to get around in SoCal than when it’s not rainy, and that’s on top of it being 2X more sucky on a Friday evening, and that’s on top of it being around 10,000X more sucky than any other place on the planet (well, in this country, anyway.)

I know some of you wouldn’t mind seeing the meets moved to Thursday. If there’s enough interest, I can definitely do that. Saturday…………..maybe. Convince me. Saturdays pretty much guarantee I will miss some of them, because sometimes Rina has plans that I’m not going to get out of.

However, I will be leaving the Aegirs and Ragnarok 2 at the Schiitr for next week, though, so if you’re in the area you can come by and hear them. They were there all this weekend as well.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  4. jmimac351
    As I am well married, doing it on a Saturday isn’t necessarily easy either - unless you do it early. “Hey, I’m going to run over to so and so’s in the morning. I’ll be back before you finish your coffee.” The world is full of males in a similar predicament. Besides, it’s a reasonable suggestion - hard to say “no” to as she probably wants some quiet time anyway.

The trick is to do it early. Like the car guys, you can call it “Schiit and Coffee”. (You know, there’s something natural / balanced that’s right about that, too.) Anyway, it starts early, ends before phones start blowing up with “Where are you?!?!?”

As I’m in Central FL, it’s unlikely I will make it; however, I do have some practice negotiating similar matters. When played on an infrequent occasion, 60% of the time this card works every time.

jmarcusg, sam6550a, Rowethren and 3 others like this.
  5. dieslemat
    For a moment I think I fogot how to breathe

Derrick Swart likes this.
  6. wink
    [​IMG]

7. sam6550a
    Very true, but the board photos and data sheets show that these are soldered surface mount devices.

8. audio philestine
    Light Dims, silver edition. $6 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WT7PYO/
    light_dims_.jpg

To paraphrase a line my father-in-law learned while serving in Korea:

"Shower, Shave, Schiit"?

CAPT Deadpool and Rowethren like this.
  9. Rowethren
    That is what I use on my Schiit and they work wonders!

10. CAPT Deadpool
    You don't want the bright white LEDs giving away your position (poor light discipline). Then again using Schiit gear in range of adversary is probly absurd on multiple levels. More of an on the FOB activity.

By the way the proper order is Schiit, Shower, Shave. :smile_cat:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  11. audio philestine
    Yes, but I was hoping that by modifying the order, the attendees would shower and shave BEFORE arriving :wink:

12. bosiemoncrieff
    I should be at the Schiitr on the 21st

13. winders
    Hence the “If”.....

14. 45longcolt
    Was real tempted to hit the Schiitr meet last week, but on a Friday with rain threatened... well, no. Thursday, much more likely. Just my 2 cents.

15. Ultimateaudioslave
    Any difference in the house sound wise? I do not need any other bells and whistles apart from a solid head amp. If sound is same i do not need to wait for a 2. Also, Rag is not upgradable like jot or yaggy? I had a wrong notion for god knows why!