1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Clemmaster
    No, it wouldn’t.
    It requires swapping the analog boards. You essentially would need to perform the $500 multi bit upgrade to get the Analog2 boards.

2. Brubacca
    Which I'd be totally willing to do! So was this announced somewhere? Is this just community knowledge?

3. Rensek
    They haven't announced anything publicly, I think in keeping with their slouching towards kaizen philosophy. You could always message info@Schiit.com directly. Jason and Baldr alluded somewhere about Yggy A2 upgrades causing them pain. I'm sure Gumby owners would appreciate an upgrade path if Gumby A2 does exist, so hopefully they will roll it out publicly at some point.

US Blues likes this.
  4. Brubacca
    Jason wrote in one of his chapters abaut Yggy A2 upgrade being a total pain in the rear. Basically if I remember correctly wishing they hadn't offered it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  5. Jones Bob
    That’s a shame. Hope they don’t go limp on future upgrades and leave us who bought into their promise out in the cold.

6. winders
    It's not the upgrade he had a problem with. It was the USB Gen 5 upgrade and the Analog upgrade being offered so close together. It required people to send back Yggdrasil units twice in relatively short order.

7. Rensek
    That's a great nugget of wisdom winders.
    Could one then speculate they might be waiting for the new USB to come in before they release Gumby A2 upgrades.

alpovs and US Blues like this.
  8. Yethal
    There was also the issue of the dac chips going to waste since it's not really feasible to desolder them off the A1 boards and reause them for A2 boards.

9. winders
    I would not speculate on that.

10. winders
    That was not an issue so much as a reality of the process. That is why the analog upgrade is more expensive than it otherwise would be.

Juan_R likes this.
  11. sam6550a
    You cannot sell "used" chips in new equipment. So, the old devices are only recycle fodder.

12. winders
    If the DAC chips were not soldered on the board, they could have reused them in the same customer's DAC with the upgrade.

13. Brubacca
    Possibly they are waiting for the new USB to be implemented and would do both at the same time.

I like this logic from Rensek

14. Zer0.p0int.Zer0
    Are there any impressions from the Schiiter meet the other night? I am really hoping to hear that Rag 2 is no good so I don’t need to order one immediately.

EELawson and NoahFence like this.
  15. 33na3rd
    Sweet Avatar!