1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Derrick Swart
    Great service indeed! Will think about it, for now the bright led is more anoying

2. Derrick Swart
    Peoples: tell your impressions!

Juan_R likes this.
  3. ScubaMan2017
  4. Timster
    I must be one of the few that actually like them that bright!

5. RickB
    The brightness of the LEDs has never bothered me.

HumanFly and Bushnasty like this.
  6. schneller
    How is your review coming?

audio philestine likes this.
  7. mp29k
    Ditto

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  8. Torq
    It's written.

I am just debating if I want to publish my thoughts on each of the multi-bit DACs individually first, or just do the all-up review/comparison instead.

9. mp29k
    Mostly interested how close Bimby gets to Gumby in recent samples. Any thoughts?

10. schneller
    Cool.

Will there be commentary on old vs. current DAC?

mp29k likes this.
  11. mp29k
    I hope so too. It was a pretty big tease in the initial post

12. Torq
    The "current" (October/November 2018) version of Bifrost sounds extremely close the "original" (April 2017) Gungnir MB. The Gungnir was better on micro-dynamics and would be a better fit in a balanced chain, but otherwise they're tonally similar and the technicalities aren't that far apart. Which is a far cry from "original" Bifrost MB which was barely distinguishable from Modi MB. Note that "current" Gungnir MB has a rather different signature (closer to pre-Analog 2 Yggdrasil) to the "original".

Of course.

Not necessarily here, we'll have to see, but yes.

---

Opera starting ... bye!

audio philestine, Lucser and mp29k like this.
  13. porchwizard
    Some folks will remember there have more than a few comments about bright lights in the past. I was a bit cavalier about it until I got my modi 2. It was positioned in my peripheral vision next to my computer screen and the bright light was constantly demanding my attention.
    The first solution was to clip a small patch from the sticky part of a post-it and stick that over the light. That muted the brightness but also turned it yellowish green.
    The second try was to clip a small patch from some light weight white paper and glue it on with temporary glue stick (sort of post-it like glue). That was still bright but a second layer did the trick. Still had the nice white light but toned down to a non-distracting level.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  14. johnjen
    You can also try the black sharpie painted over the led approach.
    It does take a deft hand to not smoodge it all over the front, but its cheaper than buying a bunch of 'dimmer dots' that are sold for just this purpose.

JJ

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  15. yonson
    I just used 2 tiny layers of blue painters tape, all my gear sits ~14 feet away from me so I can't see the tape, and the blue lights match everything else I have...