Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 5, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #44,566 of 149,099
I'll leave them over the weekend. No guarantees on permanently, I'm afraid.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 5, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #44,567 of 149,099
Hey all,

Yep, time for a SchiitrMeet update. We will have two new products at the Schittr:

1. A pair of Aegirs.
I expect we'll be running them mono, but we'll see. These will be the high-noise-floor versions, not the new-board versions. See if you can hear any noise. Probably not. But we're picky. We're still waiting for boards, and I'll let you know as soon as we get them. We're ready to turn on the ordering page any time.
2. The Ragnarok 2. This will have both the phono and multibit DAC card in it. This is the same one that was at New York. I'm still expecting to be shipping Ragnarok 2s this month. In ironic news, Ragnarok just got a "top 100 products of all time" award from HiFi+ (together with Yggdrasil.) So I guess we celebrate that award by killing Ragnarok.

I'll also be there as well, from 6-9 PM, Friday, March 8, at the Schiitr. Address is 22508 Market Street, Newhall, CA 91321, in case you need it.

I also hope to have another chapter this week, but it probably won't be tomorrow, since I'm pretty busy with a bunch of product launch stuff right now, plus some other distractions that are just a part of life (nothing bad, just busier than expected.) If not, I will certainly have another chapter next week.

All the best,
Jason
Is the Rag2 multibit DAC card Modi based?

Do you have a price for Rag2?

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #44,568 of 149,099
Is the Rag2 multibit DAC card Modi based?

Do you have a price for Rag2?

The Multibit DAC card for Ragnarok 2 is the same one used in Jotunheim and Lyr 3.

The price will be announced when the product is announced...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #44,569 of 149,099
In ironic news, Ragnarok just got a "top 100 products of all time" award from HiFi+ (together with Yggdrasil.) So I guess we celebrate that award by killing Ragnarok.

Congratulations, Jason and Schiit Audio!
HIFI+ must be quite slow at dishing out awards ... haven't those products been around since 2016 or so?

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #44,572 of 149,099
Question for the group: Does reading Mike and Jason's posts from the Supreme Soviet of Schiit, Jason's Black Book (Schiit Happens), or listening to (Mao's Little) Redbook CDs on a Multibit DAC count as Xi points?

https://arstechnica.com/information...cludes-mandatory-apps-mass-chat-surveillance/
Nope, just, nope.......

Hey all,

Yep, time for a SchiitrMeet update. We will have two new products at the Schittr:

1. A pair of Aegirs.
2. The Ragnarok 2.
Ragnarok just got a "top 100 products of all time" award from HiFi+ (together with Yggdrasil.) So I guess we celebrate that award by killing Ragnarok.

Sadly, no progress on the [REDACTED} as HiFi+ only allow a maximum of 2 products from any manufacturer on their "top 100 products of all time" list.

I'll also be at the Schiiter, from 6-9 PM, Friday, March 8

The Schiitr. Address is Gre'Thor, Arizona, and not Stovokor, CA 91321, as in the past.

I also hope to have another chapter this week, but it probably won't be tomorrow, since I'm pretty busy with a bunch of product launch stuff right now, plus some other distractions that are just a part of life (nothing bad, just no [REDACTED].) If not, I will certainly have another chapter next week or soon after the [REDACTED] is put to bed.

All the best,
Jason

FTFY.... :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::L3000:

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #44,573 of 149,099
In ironic news, Ragnarok just got a "top 100 products of all time" award from HiFi+ (together with Yggdrasil.) So I guess we celebrate that award by killing Ragnarok.
The king is dead, long live the king!

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #44,574 of 149,099
Hey all,

1. A pair of Aegirs.
I expect we'll be running them mono, but we'll see. These will be the high-noise-floor versions, not the new-board versions. See if you can hear any noise. Probably not. But we're picky. We're still waiting for boards, and I'll let you know as soon as we get them. We're ready to turn on the ordering page any time.
2. The Ragnarok 2. This will have both the phono and multibit DAC card in it. This is the same one that was at New York. I'm still expecting to be shipping Ragnarok 2s this month. In ironic news, Ragnarok just got a "top 100 products of all time" award from HiFi+ (together with Yggdrasil.) So I guess we celebrate that award by killing Ragnarok.

I'll also be there as well, from 6-9 PM, Friday, March 8, at the Schiitr. Address is 22508 Market Street, Newhall, CA 91321, in case you need it.

I also hope to have another chapter this week, but it probably won't be tomorrow, since I'm pretty busy with a bunch of product launch stuff right now, plus some other distractions that are just a part of life (nothing bad, just busier than expected.) If not, I will certainly have another chapter next week.

All the best,
Jason

Any chance you have a link for that HiFi+ article? I like reading such things.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #44,576 of 149,099
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #44,578 of 149,099
I recap all my power supplies exclusively with precision film capacitors. :)
No cylinders?
So not these, then? :ksc75smile:
upload_2019-3-7_7-48-38.png

Edit: Smiley added for clarity

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back