1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. sam6550a
    Horrors! We must secure him immediately!

RCBinTN, ScubaMan2017 and US Blues like this.
  2. Robert Padgett
    You are correct, I was thinking about Non-Schiit. And hyperbole sometimes creeps in with exaggeration

3. AudioGal
    This was disappointing. Silly as this thread gets sometimes, I (as a woman) didn't expect to see a comment like this. Though not everyone is Mensa material, there's no reason to slag those who are not, even as a generalization.

4. quimbo
    My wife likes to watch Ancient Aliens, i usually hang for awhile. Tonights episode - https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/ancient-aliens-declassified/episode-76-season-1/living-gods/1055569/ - sounded like an advertisement for Schiit as just about everyone of their products was mentioned. :)

They were teachers and destroyers. Mighty warriors who blazed across the skies in gleaming chariots and wielded magical weapons that could bring down mountains. Odin, Frey and Thor. The gods worshipped by the Norse Vikings were fearsome and mysterious, but were these beings truly divine, or is there, perhaps, an extraterrestrial connection? The Norse were among the most technologically advanced cultures of the ancient world.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  5. scclimber
    I’m sorry I offended everyone here. I will delete my offensive comments. and keep further opinions to myself.

6. AudioGal
    Nothing wrong with having opinions and sharing them, especially about music and audio. Cats seem to be popular here, too. Please don't feel that one bad post ruins all that came before it or may come after. I'm well acquainted with the taste of my own shoe leather. You had your mea culpa moment, but it's in the rear view mirror now, growing smaller with each additional post.

7. Rensek
    I finally moved Vidar saga mimby into my desired listening room. It might be the scotch mod, but everything I play sounds awesome. Qobuz isn't perfect, but the SQ is.

8. dieslemat
    What’s your speakers btw?

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  9. Rensek
    Some old wharfedales right now, MFM-5 3 way floor standing monitors circa 2001, Lores or dirty weekends are the next upgrade.

I can at least confirm these oldies sound better to me then my New Elac Debut B6 2.0

My wife has listened to Dreamboat Annie by Heart hundreds of times. A guy feels pretty good about system quality when she is noticing things she hasn't ever picked up before.

WAF is high.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  10. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Keep going, we all had our bright moments here.

Juan_R, US Blues, RCBinTN and 2 others like this.
  11. ScubaMan2017
    audio philestine and AudioGal like this.
  12. ScubaMan2017
    I just had to get some warranty work on my <6 month old HD6xx. The stock cable Massdrop shipped with my run was... meh. Gentle flexing at its jack caused the cans to short out. I contacted Massdrop and they gave me a partial refund (so I could buy replacement cables). Genuine Sennheiser HD650 are still running over $600 CDN so I'm glad I went the Sennheiser-Massdrop collaboration (for my first decent-quality headphone). I'm learning not to blindly worship at the HD6.... alter. :ksc75smile:
    Hey, positive point = I get to practice my soldering skills & attach a beefy jack on the pooched cable.

13. artur9
    BTW, folx, remember there's a schiit 2ch thread that needs some of this speaker & amp love:https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-two-channel-clubhouse.843459/

My understanding of speaker power ratings is that they are more a guide and liability protection than anything else. I've heard recommendations that an amp should have double the power rating of a speaker's max power rating. I've also heard that if an amp is not capable of at least 500w then the sound suffers. And that woofers use most of the power.

14. artur9
    From Herb Reichert's CanJam article:
    because it was designed by @Jason Stoddard ? The man has no shame when it comes to odd power switch placement :)

15. mp29k
    I’ll reserve judgement until I try one, but it does look like an ergonomic nightmare. I’m really hoping the speed controller they have planned has a front mounted power switch that can serve in place of the main one on the table itself when you add it to the Sol (hint hint).

CAPT Deadpool and 33na3rd like this.