1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Rensek
    Yeah I misspoke when I said sell/get rid of them. I'll buy a second pair before I sell them. Stereophile (for what its worth) still ranks the 650 as an A component and they've been on the market since when, 2006, 2005?

I've heard they scale extremely well with gear, so I'm interested to test it out.

mp29k, jmarcusg and thebmc like this.
  2. wink
    [​IMG]..[​IMG],,

[​IMG]..[​IMG]..

[​IMG]..[​IMG].. upload_2019-3-1_18-40-35.jpeg

3. dieslemat
    I just sold my Rag in preparation for the Aegir + Freya. But was surprised with the Rag 2. Then again Im very curious about class A and continuity.

EELawson and thebmc like this.
  4. Derrick Swart
    and did you manage in terms of SQ?
    a much better amp it is already to me in any case because of the remote, for many potential buyers I believe. Concern might be the size of the unit but likely those concerned with that are probably not your audience.

Rensek likes this.
  5. Derrick Swart
    I don't think so after checking what gear you already have. Perhaps a Lyr and a Bimby gives you more pleasure and money in the pocket :wink: Or start with a Vali2 as I did for the HD6xx, really nice sound for these Senns

thebmc likes this.
  6. Rensek
    Yeah Vali is intriguing, especially with an adapter to run the same tubes as saga. That's a more appropriate purchase for sure. But I want Ragnarok!!

thebmc and Juan_R like this.
  7. RCBinTN
    Thank you. I am getting ready to work on that exact question, for a family member.
    Appreciate the link :)

8. Ableza
    Cool. When is yours? :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

9. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Now that's kind of a funny coincidence. It's on the same day.

NigelJ, barondla, HK_sends and 3 others like this.
  10. Robert Padgett
    I have no complaints with the Vali 2 driving my new pair of 6XX. I can use high gain, and it is a very pleasant level at 12-noon on the volume. Quite honestly, a 'ModiMB/Vali2/6XX' set-up could cost thousands of dollars to improve upon, IMHO.

barondla, Rensek and ScubaMan2017 like this.
  11. Ableza
    Your mother had impeccable timing. :)

barondla, Byronb, sam6550a and 2 others like this.
  12. JohnnyCanuck
    How many years apart?

JC

barondla and US Blues like this.
  13. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    That's another funny thing. I came on this world 10 minutes before my twin brother.
    It's amazing how much space the female body has on the inside....

barondla, Byronb, scclimber and 3 others like this.
  14. valiant66
    According to that article they were introduced in 2003. The hd600s were introduced in the late 90s.

15. scclimber
    i love this thread.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    audio philestine likes this.