1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. inmytaxi
    Go mono, mano. Use the mani.

So lucky. Nowhere else on the internet could one be pissy on the internet.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Yethal
    Based on Herb Reichert's CanJam photo it looks like it's possible to stack Ragnarok 2 on top of Yggdrasil.
    190219-CJNY-Schiit-1-.jpg

3. ScottFree
    Well that’s true of any thread that runs a long time. In that it becomes less of thread and more of a friendly community with its own characters and eccentricities. The signal to noise ratio can change and sometimes daily. Take the time with the thread and you may end up hating us, or maybe after a time you’ll make a

4. audio philestine
    :ksc75smile:

the finisher and RCBinTN like this.
  5. JohnnyCanuck
    HiFi+ has reviewed the Jotunheim Multibit amp/preamp. You can read it here.

JC

6. RCBinTN
    Very good, thanks for sharing the link :)

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  7. Mike-WI
    Thanks.
    I was wondering about that.
    Would like to know the dimensions.

Any other pics, links?

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  8. EricDH
    Hell is a better place to be....

9. KoshNaranek
    Hell Michigan 8__OTIS.jpg

10. EricDH
    Quote from the review:
    "The new Multibit DAC option, however, is what really sets Jotunheim Multibit apart. Jotunheim’s original balanced (Delta Sigma-type) DAC was an excellent option for the money, but the Multibit DAC, which costs only £100 or $100 more, lifts performance to a much higher level. Side-by-side comparisons of the Balanced DAC module vs the Multibit DAC show the latter consistently offers superior resolution of low-level details, greater transient acuity, and markedly more contoured and three-dimensional renderings of instrumental and human voices. In fact, the Multibit DAC unlocks previously hidden layers of performance in the Jotunheim amp; you don’t so much listen to the Multibit DAC, but instead hear through it to access the inner workings of the music."

Especially that more contoured and three-dimensional rendering reminds me of that CD-player with multibit DAC I owned years ago, which had a soundstaging that was addictive. I think I really have to upgrade my Jotunheim to multibit now.......

11. Robert Padgett
  12. JohnnyCanuck
    A pasty is a baked pastry, a traditional variety of which is particularly associated with Cornwall, United Kingdom. Wikipedia

JC

13. RCBinTN
    The one thing I miss about living in TN ... can't get pasties here. They are great.

14. FrivolsListener
    So I took my amp in to get worked on, The guy had a Nakamichi Dragon and an Akai reel-to-reel recorder along with another Rotel of newer vintage. Another audio dinosaur. He complemented me on scoring a Rotel RB-850 for free, saying, "You would pay $2,500 to buy one of that quality today." I mentioned that there was another company, a US company, that makes a good amplifier, "and, don't laugh, but their name is --" "Schiit Audio, yes, they make great stuff." "And they have an amp around $700 of the same quality."

Another one of us!

15. JohnnyCanuck
    They walk among us

JC

NigelJ and 33na3rd like this.