1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Rensek
    Wait a sec.... That metal has been done since fall? So were the parts shortage delays of July, Aug, Sept, Oct for the new Ragnarok or the original one........ Hmmmmmm...... Maybe conspiracy is a strong word.... But it ain't nothing....:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    the finisher likes this.
  2. Mightygrey
    I've been searching for a single unit to replace my Mani, Emotive BasX A100, and NAD C356BEE w/ DAC module (which I use as a pre-amp) for the longest time, and this juuuust about does it.

Thankfully there's a remote, so I can use it for integrated duties from my couch as well!

The only thing that's missing for me is an option for an optical-input on the DAC module (which I don't *think* is available) - I'd love the ability to plug my Chromecast Audio straight into it as a source.

3. Astral Abyss
    My 20 year old desk used to hold an almost 80 pound Sony Trinitron monitor and desktop speakers just fine. It laughs at your weight concern.

4. Taverius
    Ya tell me about it.

Between Yggdrasil, 2 tube amps, a very large and heavy pc, and bookshelf speakers I had to get laminated wood workbenches made to desk height, no existing desk could take it.

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  5. jimmers
    So, "a good LONG way out from .." ~ 6 months (?)

audio philestine, yonson and Rensek like this.
  6. Rensek
    I know time passes faster for some then others, but six months ago feels like it was just the other day and to me.

7. ScubaMan2017
    Have a local machine shop make them & offer them at the Schiitr... they'll sell. :ksc75smile:

Rensek likes this.
  8. Porteroso
    Sorry, are you schiit, I mean do you work for schiit? I thought that was directed at Jason, are you one of those identity thieves my emails warn me about?

9. dieslemat
    I guess in his case time is determined on the frequency of the eureka moments that @Jason Stoddard had had when engineering the Rag 2

:)

sam6550a and Rensek like this.
  10. Scott Kramer
    Jason & all: Awesome new design on the Ragnarok 2! Has character and feels smart, stretching the Vidar chassis and utilizing the same heatsinks. Love that you took the first one out back & blew it up!

Could you share a pic of the 1st design?

11. CAPT Deadpool
    Unless a piece of Hifi gear is meant to be portable, heavy weight is a desirable factor for me. The heavier the better. Helps dampen the vibrations from your sub. I had a very heavy 36" Panasonic CRT TV. The picture was awesome, but not as large as my 65" OLED. Those and the similar Sony Trinitrons had concrete to balance them.

12. the finisher
    ZoNtO, Xcalibur255, Rensek and 2 others like this.
  13. CAPT Deadpool
  14. Robert Padgett
    Excuse me, are you saying I am Schiit?
    No, I don't work for Schiit.
    If you directed this to Jason, you posted in an open forum, not a private message.
    And no, I am not an "Identity thieves" with which you are afraid.
    You see, in an open forum, anyone who subscribes can comment--that is the "open" part.
    Now, if you want your idolatry to be private, click on the little envelope beside his name, which opens a private message.
    You direct things better directly to Jason using private messages.
    And there are no identity thieves wanting your messages, I can assure you. :angry::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::thinking::relaxed:

15. the finisher
    [​IMG]

CAPT Deadpool and Robert Padgett like this.