1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Ableza
    https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables

thebmc, linuxjacques, RCBinTN and 5 others like this.
  2. 3 toes of fury
    RCBinTN and Ableza like this.
  3. Mr. Pete
    Hello,

Where do I look for comments made by Mike Moffat?

Thanks for your help.
    Mr. Pete----------->
    aging hippie

4. Mr. Pete
    Thanks for the info. Apparently they are "updating" it.

5. Oveja Negra
    Be aware that Mike's thread is basically:

- 95% comments about opera (puke)
    - 4% comments about coffee (meh)
    -1% comments about Mike's products (hell yeah)

If you go straight to the thread you'll have to navigate through tons of pages where nothing related to Schiit is discussed, so it's better if you go to Mike's profile and take a look at his posts, that way you'll go directly to the interesting bits.

Regards.

6. ScubaMan2017
    Soooo, Schiit Audio Limited... how's that transport coming along?... I'll need something installed at my Lake Huron outpost to play my Post Modern Jukebox... :triportsad::triportsad::triportsad::ksc75smile:

A (somewhat) sabre-rattling article was posted on How To Geek that reviews the issue about what happens to digital files after the provider goes out of business. It's not a new topic around this forum -- I understand that I lease or rent-until-the-provider-vanishes content can be removed from my devices. Me? I'll convert my proprietary files (like AAC) into high-bit-rate, open-source codex (like MP3, FLAC, ALAC). And hold onto my CDs for dear life.

Article Date: February 6, 2019. Author: Andrew Heinzman. Site accessed: 14:10 EST, Feb. 6/19. Link - https://www.howtogeek.com/403769/wh...property-when-a-company-goes-out-of-business/

BTW, the article's comment section has some thoughtful insights: transferring my digital license to my descendants; an electronic estate; legitimate uses for DRM; onus on user versus provider.

7. ScubaMan2017
    I had an image from the movie, Finding Nemo. Re: when the clownfish, Marlin (voiced by Albert Brooks), meets the sea turtle, Crush, on the East Australian Current. "Mister Turtle?! No way, man. That's my how I address my Father... I'm Crush (whose over 100 years old)".

I was musing about the Valhalla as my next silly headamp upgrade (and pairing it up with my ModiMB). I'd have to restrict my tubes to modest, modern tube products (now that Schiit's SState LISST are discontinued [pity]). In the meantime, my Vali 2's a fantastic amp.

...{self edited coment}.... +1 for @TomSix . BTW, Mr. Stoddard's latest chapter had a title not lost upon me... and your icon is appropriate here.

It's a DEVICE that I can never have (for the sake of my family). Meh, headphones are good enough.

And it's a fascinating story, too.
    Tsk. @Pietro Cozzi Tinin ... now you KNOW I'm going to try that. +1 for your awesome image, sir!
    This is why I enjoy this newsgroup. I can learn from my peeps. @Ableza ... Thanks, eh.

8. Ableza
    From one former diver to another, any time. :)

9. sam6550a
    Tat is also true in creating vacuum tubes that are the "same" as the ones made in the 1950-1970 time period.

CAPT Deadpool and Rensek like this.
  10. audio philestine
    Irony: someone on this thread complaining about the signal to noise ratio on baldr's thread.
    :wink:

motberg, MWSVette, RCBinTN and 4 others like this.
  11. ScottFree
    Follow this link. This is all the comments made by Mike.

CAPT Deadpool and Oveja Negra like this.
  12. PowderLegend
    Jason, we've had the AK4490 upgrade boards available for quite a while and AKM just announced their AK4499. Any chance of a new upgrade coming with more recent chips and better measurements? I'd jump on a fresh upgrade to my Bifrost with mono AK4497s on it- can't argue with 8 db of S/N. Seems like a no-brainer now that the 4497 has been out a couple years.

13. Rensek
    With all due respect have you paid attention to either Mike or Jason's threads?:ksc75smile:
    Anything and everything can and will be argued.:ksc75smile: