1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. RCBinTN
    LOL!

Seriously, this is way cool "marketing." Who else in the industry does this, my fellow Schiit-heads?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    barondla likes this.
  2. ScottFree
    What about bartering. Is that an acceptable method of payment?

3. CAPT Deadpool
    I just came across this article on new GaN usb power supplies. I know others have talked about the benefits of GaN for transitors in Class D.

https://apple.news/ASpEtVEugTxq_9KzDnJrqmA

I wonder how these new GaN power supplies will compare to linear power supplies like the ifi ipower, the Apple Walwarts etc for noise. Will they operate at a higher frequency pushing noise out of the audio band?

Anyway I’d love to hear your thoughts @Jason Stoddard if you test any with the Modi3.

the finisher, barondla and Rensek like this.
  4. ScubaMan2017
    the finisher likes this.
  5. phthora
    Seems like a missed opportunity not call these Schiitshows...

6. HumanFly
    You might attract an even weirder crowd when you call it a Schiitshow.
    Not sure if that is what they are going for.

Having a hang-out where you can listen, compare and learn a few things is really cool.
    Luckily I get to hear what I`m missing at Pietro`s house or I would be jealous of the peeps living near the Schitr.

7. Ableza
    I find that bartering the requested about of dollars in exchange for the item works the best. :wink:

8. hearditontheX
    :dt880smile: Oh man, 7 Sagas available at $299. Must resist.

9. US Blues
    Resistance is futile. :smile_cat:

10. sam6550a
    GaN is a semiconductor device material change, not a power supply topology change. GaN devices can be used in linear or switching power supply topologies, depending upon the desires of the circuit designer. So, GaN power supplies is meaningless without knowing the circuit.

11. jimmers
    I believe he is referring to the SMPS, like the chargers in his link.
    Compared to MOSFETs GaN FETs are faster and have lower on resistance for a given voltage rating. So the SMPS can have both higher efficiency and higher switching frequency - hopefully easier filtering.
    Case for case.

CAPT Deadpool and barondla like this.
  12. wink
    Yeah, and the [REDACTED] message has been [REDACTED]....:triportsad:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  13. Zojokkeli
    Cue the Scatman.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  14. Smithington
    Like Scatman John? Pretty sure baldr would say 'sounds like ass'! But good throwback to the 90s.

15. Zojokkeli
    Well that, and the people who like to play with schiit. If you're not familiar, count your lucky stars and don't google it.

ScubaMan2017 and Smithington like this.