Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 10, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #42,226 of 145,649
Just an OT rant:

I posted a thread today on the other forum that can't be named. I referred to the Schiit Yggdrasil by its common name, "Yiggy" and forum mod "zerodeefex" banned me for one week:

What kind of people run the place over there?

"Yiggy" is NOT the common name......"Yggy" is the common name. Not only are they spelled differently, they are pronounced differently.

If you STILL don't know why you were banned, I suggest you are going to have a hard time over there.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #42,227 of 145,649
Just an OT rant:

I posted a thread today on the other forum that can't be named. I referred to the Schiit Yggdrasil by its common name, "Yiggy" and forum mod "zerodeefex" banned me for one week:

What kind of people run the place over there?

They can get a little ban happy over there. One of our regular posters has been banned multiple times and earned himself some rather unflattering monikers.

:)

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #42,228 of 145,649
They can get a little ban happy over there. One of our regular posters has been banned multiple times and earned himself some rather unflattering monikers.

:)
They're a bunch of self-righteous gas bags who believe their own hype and act more like religious zealots rather than audio enthusiasts.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #42,229 of 145,649
I don't know which is worse -- 'the site whose name shall not be spoken' or ASR.

But then again, maybe they're the norm and Head-Fi is just exceptional!! :D

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #42,230 of 145,649
Im sure one moderator would NOT totally represent the whole forum. As with this forum as well.
Best not to generalize. For me a forum is a place where I can gain knowledge should I choose to believe in a given statement or “measurement”. Also meet new friends from different walks of life.

So not dont take it seriously if someone bans you even for just giving a different name for a product (even if its not deregatory). It just shows that some fellas take seriously things that are, deemed by others, less profound or insignificant.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #42,233 of 145,649
golfbravobravo: "Today is ripping all the CDs for the CHapel Hill library sale!"

Don't forget ... "MP3 @192 is all the human ear can hear, anything more than that is poppy-cock," said NO ONE !!!:astonished:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #42,238 of 145,649
golfbravobravo: "Today is ripping all the CDs for the CHapel Hill library sale!"
Don't forget ... "MP3 @192 is all the human ear can hear, anything more than that is poppy-cock," said NO ONE !!!:astonished:

I don't know if this is a joke, or not. But, MP3 at any resolution don't cut it for me any longer.
Yes, I can hear the difference.

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #42,239 of 145,649
Please translate for the rest of us.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste, S.A.B. de C.V., known as ASUR, is a Mexican airport operator headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico. It operates 9 airports in the southeastern states of Mexico, including that of Cancún. It is the third largest airport services company by passenger traffic in Mexico. Wikipedia

Someone posted "ASR" I did a google search on those three letters and this popped up.
ASR : Summary for Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste - Yahoo Finance

https://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=asr

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #42,240 of 145,649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back