1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. the finisher
    Man, what a nice guy :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    CAPT Deadpool and RCBinTN like this.
  2. golfbravobravo
    Have you tried powering up whilst attached to a network connection? The system should do an install over the network. Be sure to checkout all the install options.

If that fails, PM me and I'll send you a thumbdrive with a MacOS installer. It will be a few days, we are on the West coast for a family emergency.

Cheers

3. golfbravobravo
    Oh, don't get me started! Some of THE funniest shows form the UK get transported and every single one is much more dismal than the original. The Office, Sanford (sp) and sons, All in the Family,....... I could go on.

If you want a very amusing look at the (fictional) process, check out Episodes.

Cheers

GumbyDammit223 likes this.
  4. the finisher

On Prime video. Thanks :ksc75smile:
    Must have Showtime however.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Paladin79 and CAPT Deadpool like this.
  5. Xcalibur255
    Well, only Lyngdorf knows how their tech is implemented so I cannot speak to that. I just brought it up to point out that these types of technologies are on more than one radar and that they seem promising for the future. My takeaway from it is that it's good to question the status quo on these things. I often hear people say that doing manipulation of the audio signal in the digital domain is both hard and usually results in bad sound, but there is evidence that this is changing and one day it might make possible the first significant advancements in audio reproduction techniques we've seen in decades.

the finisher likes this.
  6. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I'm a trauma doctor Richard, not a shrink.
    I understand the attachment some people develop for a brand because it gives a feeling of security.
    The patriotic factor is a thing that's biggest in the US.
    In most countries it would be impossible to buy 100% native manufactured goods because they're simply not made.

7. US Blues
    I found the very existence of these parallel conversations to be fascinating.

8. Ableza
    The same can be said in the USA for anything electronic, unless the manufacturer is either VERY big or VERY small. :)

9. CAPT Deadpool
    Bones, I need more Schiit.

yonson, TomSix, liamo and 4 others like this.
  10. Jason Stoddard
    Hey guys,

If I get a chance to review and edit, I should have a chapter up on Aegir tomorrow.

Some pre-replies:

1. Yep, I know, this low-power amp ain't for everyone.
    2. Yep, I know, not everyone will understand why we're doing it.
    3. Yep, I know, this whole Class A thing is confusing.
    4. Yep, I know, 10W of Class A bias doesn't sound like much.

But....if that 10W of Class A bias and a Continuity output stage gets you 150-160W into 4 ohms mono with performance very, very similar to Class A, without the several amperes of standing current and massive heat usually necessary for Class A at that level...well, that's when it starts getting a lot more interesting. At least to us. As usual, we may be crazy.

All the best,
    Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  11. Paladin79
    You are making two groups of people happy with this design and you will sell more product.:)

12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Aha!!!! The logical conclusion in a few years would be a Aegir based Ragnarok.
    gn gn gn gn,,,,

neoaudiophyte, yonson, gljus and 2 others like this.
  13. CAPT Deadpool
    PCT, That was a statim dose of Schiit, wow!

audio philestine likes this.
  14. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    You ask.
    I deliver.

US Blues likes this.
  15. nicoch46
    a good 10w is what we need !

yonson and the finisher like this.