Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 9, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #39,782 of 145,685
*Blush*

Sorry, I was late to the party (had to work on old, obsolete stuff, dontchaknow).

At least you can, I couldn't resist...

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #39,783 of 145,685
@RCBinTN

How is the Skeet shooting in the Nashville area? I will probably want to get back into shooting registered Skeet again.
Oy! Now, there ya go. I got into skeet and hunting big while stationed in Grafenwohr around ‘80. I am tortured remembering passing up an opportunity to buy a Browning over under Liege so wonderfully engraved for about $500. Regrets, I have a few.

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #39,784 of 145,685
Does your dongle work everytime you plug it into your phone? Or even 75 percent of the time? As I have said before, the dongle Google gives with the pixel 2 is garbage. I plug it in, and sound keeps piping through speakers.

The dongles are only $10. I’ve bought a few over time and just leave them attached to various headphones. Never had any problem with them, including handing on/off to Bluetooth speakers.

Actually... thinking back... my last iPhone had a headphone jack that failed after a vicious fall. It was cheaper to start using the dongle than to fix the headphone socket.

The most relevant complaint about the dongle, IMO, is that you can’t charge the phone and listen at the same time. But since Apple introduced wireless charging with the 8 series even that complaint is reduced. Now the problem only remains with on-the-go charging, and even that is less of a problem with bigger batteries and newer, more efficient OSs.

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #39,785 of 145,685
Oy! Now, there ya go. I got into skeet and hunting big while stationed in Grafenwohr around ‘80. I am tortured remembering passing up an opportunity to buy a Browning over under Liege so wonderfully engraved for about $500. Regrets, I have a few.

I regret selling my Kreighoff K-80 but I needed the cash for suspension parts for the race car. That sounds like a great price for the Liege!

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #39,786 of 145,685
At the time, it would have taken a German citizen 2 years to obtain a license, an American soldier could get one with three months of weekly classes. You had to know everything about the game as well as how to clean it. Browning’s fit my Hobbit like build like a glove, I could shoot the Schiit outta them unlike single or side by sides which I was crap at. A full modified bored Browning was perfect for me.

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #39,787 of 145,685
Anyone using a PS Audio Power Plant to power their Schiit stuff? Or is it a bit extreme?

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #39,788 of 145,685
Oct 9, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #39,789 of 145,685
Oct 9, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #39,790 of 145,685
I of course have no idea, but the gear I could buy instead.:thinking:

I hope someone can answer your question, always curious about this stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #39,791 of 145,685
I for one don't hate Apple (have an iPad Air and would buy a new iPad Mini if they decided to make one), but they do seem to go towards dumber and dumber solutions all the time.
My latest frustration was replacing the dead HDD for my little sister's 2012 Macbook Pro. Swapping the hard drive, no problem. But you need to download the operating system from Apple Store, which can only be done with an Apple computer.
So I can't use my PC to download the OS to an external hard drive and install it to her Macbook, and now she has a functioning laptop that she can't do anything with. ":thumbsup:"

Oct 10, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #39,792 of 145,685
I have the Dectet and I could hear the difference on my tube amps.Not so much on my solid state stuff. Of course it depends on the quality of incoming power. If it is fairly clean then probably not much difference. If it is fairly dirty (old lines, older house) you can notice a difference mostly in how black the background seems. At least for me thats what stood out.

Oct 10, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #39,793 of 145,685
I for one don't hate Apple (have an iPad Air and would buy a new iPad Mini if they decided to make one), but they do seem to go towards dumber and dumber solutions all the time.
My latest frustration was replacing the dead HDD for my little sister's 2012 Macbook Pro. Swapping the hard drive, no problem. But you need to download the operating system from Apple Store, which can only be done with an Apple computer.
So I can't use my PC to download the OS to an external hard drive and install it to her Macbook, and now she has a functioning laptop that she can't do anything with. ":thumbsup:"

anigif_enhanced-19382-1455217469-15.gif

:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back