1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Ripper2860
    Yeah, but do they make a mess, leave the TV on and jack with the AC. Do they start crying, say you hate them, and say they don't even want to be here but they have no where else to go, when you point out that they need to clean-up after themselves and remind them that while electricity may seem free, it is really not? :unamused:

(It's really not that bad. Close but not THAT bad. Slow day on the thread and I thought I'd take a little dramatic license.)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. RCBinTN
    Finally! The Real Thing!

3. the finisher
    Ah yes they do!

But not the rest.:)

CAPT Deadpool and Ripper2860 like this.
  4. the finisher
    So I'm calling this new amp Ager, not Eyegir. :neutral_face:

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  5. TomSix
    Perhaps you would have gotten a somewhat different reception from Schiit had you simply contacted them with your concerns first, *before* you
    took it upon yourself to put the unit under a drill-press and start knocking holes in it. :thinking:???

Is there a known heating issue with the Modi-2 Uber? Did you investigate this and make any queries in Schiit users forums?

Btw: It might also be good to consider that expecting a manufacturer to be able to (or even be willing to ) diagnose a circuit problem via telephone conversation with a non-engineer (such as yourself), this I would suggest is an *unrealistic* expectation.

Personally, I have heard almost entirely very positive reports about Schiit customer service and their repair policies.

I suspect that had you taken a more conciliatory, less adversarial tack with Schiit right from the beginning, and proceeded within the normal warranty/repair claim protocol, this would most likely have resulted in a more positive outcome.

My two cents...

--Good Luck

6. Ripper2860
    I'm calling it Eyore ...

[​IMG]

7. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Seems nice but not a Ragnarok bleeder for (my) small apartment.

RCBinTN likes this.
  8. the finisher

[​IMG]

barondla, MWSVette, jimmers and 2 others like this.
  9. TomSix
    Once again, you make some good, well-stated points. I still maintain, however, product differentiation (both between one's in-house products, and in comparison to the products of other manufacturers) and price point selection are critical considerations.

On the $2K amp I described: actually, I strongly suspect the manufacturer would need to increase the unit price closer to $4-5K, to make a reasonable profit. They could (IMO should) have chosen a somewhat different tube lineup and/or power-output rating to maintain a more clear product differentiation from their flagship $20K amplifier.

I feel I'm in substantial agreement with a number of your thoughts, but do nonetheless believe the caveats I mention are significant.

Good conversation! :wink:

10. johnjen
    Ok so all this talk about wifi routers etc has brought up a long term research project I'm trying to gain some traction with.

Does anyone know of any wifi routers where I can reduce the wifi signal power that is radiated from the device?
    I looked at the unbiquity site and there doesn't appear to be a way to even ask this question, which I find odd.

And they are not alone in not being able to ask a pre-sales question and actually get a knowledgeable answer.

Perhaps there is a website that will cover this topic but thus far I have not found it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks JJ

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  11. TomSix
    FWIW: Send 10-watts per-channel of Class-A power into a pair of Tekton 'Lore' loudspeakers, and the walls will shake --very satisfyingly. Personal experience...

12. Paladin79
    Thanks for taking the time Winders.

barondla and CAPT Deadpool like this.
  13. Ripper2860
    Does anyone know if Aegir has a light to tell you when it is in or out of class A? :smirk:

14. jimmers
    For those that don't know where the flyer pic is posted ... :ksc75smile:

Stereo 8/4 Ohms: 20W/40W RMS
    Mono 8/4 Ohms: 80W/160W RMS

Edit: Oops, didn't realise that the post was from 7 hours ago :flushed:
    you Americans and your funny time zones :confused:

sam6550a and the finisher like this.
  15. winders
    jimmers and Ripper2860 like this.