1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I think they're kinda busy now but you wil get an answer.

US Blues and the finisher like this.
  2. FrivolsListener
    I imagine Schiit is tied up in knots over RMAF right now.

the finisher likes this.
  3. the finisher

They actually do, and use Class D. I don't have the jing for 2 of them so...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Sub6Red--focal-sub6-11-inch-powered-studio-subwoofer

Also you still have to marry these with your monitors the same way I have with mine.
    Mine just aren't as good.

How are you going to fit a speaker on a desk that play down to -20hz?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  4. FrivolsListener
    Rensek and yonson like this.
  5. Xcalibur255
    Magni probably is their answer to affordable class D. Given that class D amps live and die by their power supplies at these price points I doubt a class D implementation could match or beat the Magni anyway.

Honestly part of the problem with class D is the word itself. There is a lot of variation in the products that all get grouped under the banner of "class D" and the same generalizations don't necessarily apply to all of them.

I really like the sound of well implemented Tripath designs myself. I took that to mean once upon a time that I liked the sound of class D. Turns out I actually dislike most class D amps I hear, it was just something about Tripath in particular that worked for me. A lot of people probably experience one particular type and then apply the experience to the whole category. If your first class D amp experience is a 1st generation ICE amp for example I can definitely see that person forming a strongly negative opinion about class D. There are class D amps that sound very different from ICE power though, and that person many not know that.

Rensek, the finisher and JohnnyCanuck like this.
  6. yonson
    Class D has come a long way in the last few years. Dynaudio uses Class D amps in all of their active speakers. I've got a couple pair of the older ones (BM Compact mk III and BM 5 mk III) The BM 5's are used for the back channels in my 7.2 setup and the BM Compacts are being run through my Modi 2 uber/Vali 2 in my small workshop and I have to say they sound amazingly well...

The new Dynaudio Focus XD's have newer technology and they are quite phenomenal, if I was looking for an all in one setup I'd definitely have a set of those!

the finisher likes this.
  7. FrivolsListener
    The last system I listened to was a "statement system" by two vendors at last year's RMAF.

I'll look around and see what's there tomorrow. I don't go into the rarefied air of house-priced systems, though.

the finisher likes this.
  8. Brubacca
    So what did I miss. Been working all day.
    Whats the new product?

the finisher likes this.
  9. BagelJoe
    Life has gotten in the way of my plan at RMAF. I was going today but need to go 3 hrs. east to the border with Kansas for football. Not back til after 6pm Saturday. Trying for Sunday! Looking forward to @FrivolsListener pictures.

the finisher likes this.
  10. BagelJoe
    RMAF does not open to the public til noon today, about 1 hour from now.

Mike-WI and the finisher like this.
  11. Kn1nJa
    If I had $600 I'd jump on the first plane to Denver and get there just in time for the event to close for today.

the finisher likes this.
  12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    If I had $600 I'd buy buckets full of ice cream.

motberg, sam6550a, gljus and 10 others like this.
  13. jgreen16
    Who will be the first to post from RMAF with the news on what is new for Schiit? Hopefully with pics.

14. the finisher
    Two different worlds I guess, not my desk, but this is kinda what I'm going for.
    I don't have huge rooms in my house, bigger than this at least.

I'm also am working on a regular 2 channel setup, for a more laid back experience.

Home studio.PNG

15. Nicholas Seltzer
    I noticed my Vidars are making a bit of a buzzing noise. It's coming from the device itself, though it does seem audible through the speakers as well. Has anyone else experienced this?