1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. CAPT Deadpool
    You all might want to checkout the latest Nelson Pass DIYAudio kit. It is an Analog Crossover ($198) version of the DSPmini for the LXMini speaker. You need two for stereo balanced. It only does a two way high low split but offers balanced in/out. Nelson said he will likely offer a three-way board in the future. You can tweak the Analog Crossover kit to match your desired two-way split but the stock Crossover curves are designed for the LXMini speaker. The goal of this device is to flatten the total response curve of the LXmini speaker based on it's unique frequency response vice boosting bass or other EQ. I think while similar a Crossover and an EQ device are not exactly the same thing. I think you could use it for very limited EQ purposes. Since it is only two way that doesn't offer much in the way of EQ. The Loki has four EQ bands and I think three bands is the minimum for an effective EQ. The more EQ bands in a discrete analog device rapidly increases complications and cost.

@the finisher for some reason I can't see your pics can you post links?

jimmers, the finisher and dieslemat like this.
  2. riffrafff
    Mike had a whole diatribe about the evils of digital EQ in one of his posts on his thread, I think. :L3000:

3. Paladin79
    Light pollution can be really bad especially as you get to the east coast of the US as well as parts of the West. My wife and I plan on traveling and what I am purchasing is very portable. A friend from California said he could only see six stars unless he went into the mountains.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    AudioGal and the finisher like this.
  4. FLTWS
    No surprise!

Paladin79 likes this.
  5. sam6550a
    Very difficult considering what is already there. No room for another power supply and transformer.

6. the finisher
    I'd really like to read that, about how far back should I look?

riffrafff likes this.
  7. ScubaMan2017
    CanJam 2018 Schiitheads...

1. Rinaro Planar Magnetics. Meze Audio Empyrean Planar Magetic headphones.
    2. HiFiMANN Sundara. Planar Magnetic headphones.

If there’s ANY possibility to plug these into a Magni 3, Vali 2, and/or Asgard... please share with the thread. Obviously, I can’t afford a Rinaro; however, I’d like to have a clue how headamps (within my budget).

Thanks in advance, eh.

Rensek likes this.
  8. ScubaMan2017
    +1 too, please.

the finisher likes this.
  9. FrivolsListener
    You lose resolution if you make any significant change to the signal in the digital domain.

riffrafff likes this.
  10. golfbravobravo
    It's fairly common in the West. THis was takan at about 2am primarily becaus we picked a night when CalTrans chose to work on the road almost on the horizon with a ton of lights. They packed up and we started making nigt sky images. Ideally, I'd have liked the MW further left, but it was not to be!

Cheers

barondla, bagwell359 and Paladin79 like this.
  11. the finisher
    I fixed it. :wink:

Humm... this is how they mix and master the music we listen too.

Everything is done at 64 bit, then down sampled to the bit rate for the master.

12. CAPT Deadpool
    That last one has "3 easy payments of $799 a month!"

Not exactly what I call easy.

Edit: A Yggy would be a much better purchase at that price.

Rensek, Paladin79 and the finisher like this.
  13. riffrafff
  14. the finisher
    Ya think :p

:thinking:

MWSVette, CAPT Deadpool and riffrafff like this.
  15. madwolfa
    The best sky I've ever seen was on my boss' ranch in northern Texas...

yonson likes this.