1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Timster
    The Osmo 2 gimbal took 9 pictures and stitched them together for a very wide view, sort of resembles a very wide-angle lens/fisheye :)

the finisher likes this.
  2. golfbravobravo

Well, yup, I had that in my head but it doesn't make sense! There must have been nother box and it was explained, but I can't remember....

Cheers

Mike-WI likes this.
  3. golfbravobravo
    Well, it is a desert, but in this context it is a $35 single board computer. It has an attachemnt system for add on boards Hardware Attached on Top (HAT) and there are a number of manufacturers of DACs and DAC amplifier setups.

Cheers

RCBinTN likes this.
  4. Alcophone
    Regular, generous applications of Febreze. The Hawaiian Aloha scent seems appropriate.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    RCBinTN likes this.
  5. Mike-WI
    Well the "other box" might even be more interesting...

the finisher likes this.
  6. earnmyturns
    It was way easier to spend a lot more (on KEF Reference 1s with KEF stands + REL t7i) than it would have been to go above the footprint of the Reference 1s. Not that I'm complaining my current speakers, they are way better than my ears, and even pass my wife's much keener hearing with flying colors (she's my A/B tester :wink: )

the finisher likes this.
  7. earnmyturns
    I confess that my speaker cables are Nordost (Red Dawn) for no better reason than given all the other expense and hassle in amp, speakers, and major wiring/drywall work in my living room (my wife demanded that cables be inside the walls) I could not face the possibility of trying different cables and I went with the recommendation from the good but expensive dealer I got the speakers from. I made up for that by getting an Yggy rather than the PS Audio they were recommending, though :wink:

8. KoshNaranek
    The demad that the wires be inside the walls appears to be a common one. Fortunately, after many years of marriage I have succeeded in making her give up.

the finisher likes this.
  9. CAPT Deadpool
    For anyone interested I'm installing mo0de on a raspberry pi 3b right now.

http://moodeaudio.org

pretty amazing what all it can do. I'll post more once I have it up and running. I had a pile of pi 3s around the house so I'm not even having to spend anything to build a touchscreen device that can do Tidal and play all my hifi ALAC files with no limit on local (USB connected) storage (based on the very many hard drives I have laying around I can choose from 250Gb to 4Tb) or network it to my Synology with 14Tb of hybrid raid capacity. Plan to connect it to my mimby for DAC purposes but may try later adding the piHat called the hifiberry DAC + pro xlr and run xlr straight to my jotunhiem just to compare.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    thebmc, the finisher, yonson and 3 others like this.
  10. earnmyturns
    Several decades of marriage have taught me that there are some constants in her universe...

11. wink
    Wire you so down on cable discussions....? :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Catch and release works every time..... :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

FLTWS and yonson like this.
  12. US Blues
    Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I recommend Yggy based on sound- nothing more, nothing less. You'll note I have Freya and Vidar (x2), so my suggestion comes based on knowing how they all work together. Your speakers will certainly offer far more detail and precision than mine, further reason to orient towards the Sound. A suggestion offered in friendship.

RCBinTN, ScubaMan2017, thebmc and 4 others like this.
  13. jmarcusg
    I've been running MoOde for quite some time. I currently run it on two separate RPi 3 B+ installs. There is a very active community (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/index.php) and the main developer Tim Curtis is regular with updates and open to suggestions and improvements. It has been very stable in my environment. It does require a bit more effort and some linux command line skills to install but there is help available and well documented instructions.

the finisher likes this.
  14. JamminVMI
    I’m exceedingly interested in this. Could u please document/photo thr build? Ikm currently running a pi 3 with the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro and really like it in Squeezebox mode.

15. Paladin79
    I keep getting adds from Mouser in the Raspberry Pi 3 with various accessories, I am going to have to check one out sometime. I have an Ipad Pro and various devices for outside music sources but I like the idea of something less expensive dedicated as flac storage.

Perhaps I could even buy all the parts and have someone set up a nice music source for me and I could repay them with some work of my own? Maybe someone from Texas with a vast amount of computer knowledge?:)

Finally getting some ripened home grown tomatoes so caprese salad today!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    the finisher and CAPT Deadpool like this.