Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 25, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #33,227 of 149,159
Ah the Scottish and Canadian spelling of the same word. This may well be deja vu all over again.

May 25, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #33,230 of 149,159
With the temperature heading toward 90 degrees F here, I am more apt to drink margaritas, beer or rum and coke.

If someone wants to impart their favorite margarita recipe to me, I will gladly listen. I am always looking for the perfect combination. I have even tried adding one beer per pitcher.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #33,232 of 149,159
Ah the Scottish and Canadian spelling of the same word. This may well be deja vu all over again.
Yes, deja vu from a few months ago on the same thread. And, BTW, scotch whisky comes from Scotland.

May 25, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #33,233 of 149,159
everyone knows scotch whisky comes from Scotland. I believe the Canadians use that same spelling is all I said. Makers Mark does as well because their process is similar to that of Scotch whisky.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #33,234 of 149,159
everyone knows scotch whisky comes from Scotland. I believe the Canadians use that same spelling is all I said. Makers Mark does as well because their process is similar to that of Scotch whisky.
Thanks for the verification, Tom.

Interesting that Maker's Mark, and a couple other distillers, use the Scottish spelling for their products...from the internet -
"Maker's Mark is, along with George Dickel and Old Forester,[25] one of a handful of American-made whiskies that uses the Scottish spelling "whisky" rather than the predominant American "whiskey"."

May 25, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #33,235 of 149,159
I did end up with some scotch whisky that was bottled in Kentucky when I bought the contents of a bar. It was in plastic bottles and aged about four months. I usually use it as paint thinner or to help start fires in my fire pit. One small taste was plenty.

May 25, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #33,237 of 149,159
May 25, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #33,239 of 149,159
May 25, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #33,240 of 149,159
I am happy to take it to another thread as I said earlier but I do think I should wait till Jason is able to get the coaster boards on his website, for sale. If I start the thread too early, the first thing people will ask is where to get them. I do not want to send strangers back to this thread or have them PM Jason directly asking for circuit boards. Till that happens, if anyone has questions about a build, or wants to talk containers, PM me and I will be happy to talk there. That is what several have done anyway. :smile_phones:

When folks complained about cat photos, I stopped showing them. I respect Ableza so I will keep my conversations about this in PM with Jason and other folks till it is a better time for the thread. Right now I am still garnering info that Jason posts here about the Coaster amps, tubes, and plate loads. With another thread he could make those announcements there so the new thread should be an improvement.

Happy Memorial Day weekend for those of you in the states. I do believe there may be a race going on sometime soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back