Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #31,471 of 148,542
So guess who was in a very good mood today when I took his picture:
KI9OTrz.jpg

Pietro! And yup...it`s a big picture, but only because it is a very big THANKYOU to all who helped making this possible. You know who you are!
Special thanks to RCBinTN(and all the guys from the outhouse) for arranging everthing and collecting all the money and ofcourse the people at Schiit for attracting all those nice people and their contribution.
You are a heartwarming bunch of Schiitheads! You changed my perception of the internets.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #31,472 of 148,542
Mmm. This guy does look less fat than he does in my mirror.
And the hair... pffffff.
I always grow it to 35cm cuttable without ending up bald so I can donate it to the wig makers for cancer patients.
Gray/silver hair seems to be in demand very much.
I will write all you in PM tomorrow after my first test drive.
I am extremely grateful. No Schiit.
This bike you all gave me... I never ever rode so fast.
Thank you all.

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #31,474 of 148,542
Mmm. This guy does look less fat than he does in my mirror.
And the hair... pffffff.
I always grow it to 35cm cuttable without ending up bald so I can donate it to the wig makers for cancer patients.
Gray/silver hair seems to be in demand very much.
I will write all you in PM tomorrow after my first test drive.
I am extremely grateful. No Schiit.
This bike you all gave me... I never ever rode so fast.
Thank you all.
Dear Sir Dr. Pietro,
Please know that we love you, my friend!

Enjoy the streets of Delft tomorrow and let your 35cm hair fly in the breeze...
Please test the brakes first, prior to attaining a decent velocity.

Oh, and wear your helmet...I hope it supports flying hair. :)

Salute!
Re Ricardo

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #31,475 of 148,542
You could do it the Wisconsin way - poach them in beer with onions in a foil pan on the grill, then grill them to get a nice char on the casing. That will give you an excuse to have beer handy.

That's the "modern" Wisconsin way and is easier. The original way is to start them on the grill (from raw) and keep hot (to serve) in a pan with a medium sauted (near caramelized) onion, can of beer, and 1 oz of butter in equal proportions (use the butter to caramelize the onions.) Also, serve on hard rolls and not hot dog buns - kaiser or other "german" style rolls can do in a pinch.

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #31,476 of 148,542
What a truly memorable, special, and wothwhile use of a thread. Humanfly, thanks for sharing that fine picture. A special moment on a thread that once talked about keyboards for two weeks!

Jason, that a thread about Schiit attracts such a diverse group should make you feel good about the crazy business you share with us.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #31,479 of 148,542
That's the "modern" Wisconsin way and is easier. The original way is to start them on the grill (from raw) and keep hot (to serve) in a pan with a medium sauted (near caramelized) onion, can of beer, and 1 oz of butter in equal proportions (use the butter to caramelize the onions.) Also, serve on hard rolls and not hot dog buns - kaiser or other "german" style rolls can do in a pinch.

I may well have to consider that as well. I have one employee who is a master with the grill, another who is like my own personal sommelier and whom I send after whole seed mustard in white wine. (I must have that with the brats and in a pinch dijon will do)

There is no doubt those from Wisconsin have a great deal of knowledge about cooking bratwurst, there may be some folks in the Chicago area as well but I believe they add more peppers and onions. I do enjoy the deep dish pizza and have had that fed-exed into work from Giordanno's but I do enjoy New York pizza as well but that is a whole different discussion.

I held off commenting for a while so that we could enjoy Pietro's happiness with the new bike and thank RCB for the fine job he did in organizing the bicycle replacement. Food is important but caring about the human condition is much more important.

Tom

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #31,480 of 148,542
I think it's time to find an appropriate inverter for Pietro's bike so he can run his Schiit Stack while riding.
Or at least enough juice to keep his Yggy powered up in case he takes it to a headphone meet!

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #31,481 of 148,542
What a truly memorable, special, and wothwhile use of a thread. Humanfly, thanks for sharing that fine picture. A special moment on a thread that once talked about keyboards for two weeks!

Jason, that a thread about Schiit attracts such a diverse group should make you feel good about the crazy business you share with us.
Well said @Pandahead! I agree 100%.
The Pietro bike project was very satisfying...a Team effort to help out a friend.

And, there's more.

I read your earlier post about lurking and not posting on the open forums for a long time.
I was in the same boat.
When I first came to Head-Fi, I was afraid to post, for fear of looking foolish and being slammed.
Over time, that fear subsided - one post at a time...

It seems to me that much of the old negative mood has disappeared.
These days, especially Jason's and @Baldr's threads are congenial and friendly.

We can all learn a lot by being here - about the head-fi hobby and even other, interesting, hobbies.
Net - a good place to be. Thanks to all who make this a cool place to hang out.

My Best -
RCB

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #31,482 of 148,542
I think some research on bicycle locks might be in order. One of my tenants left a bicycle chained to a deck post at some property I own and I never did saw through that thing. I finally cut the frame of the old bicycle after trying bolt cutters, grinders, and whatever else I could think of (short of dynamite) to remove an old bicycle that was on my property. I think the lock was made of kryptonite or a reasonable facsimile.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #31,483 of 148,542
I think some research on bicycle locks might be in order. One of my tenants left a bicycle chained to a deck post at some property I own and I never did saw through that thing. I finally cut the frame of the old bicycle after trying bolt cutters, grinders, and whatever else I could think of (short of dynamite) to remove an old bicycle that was on my property. I think the lock was made of kryptonite or a reasonable fact simile.
1. Put on safety glasses
2. Pour liquid nitrogen on the lock
3. Hit the lock with a hammer. The lock will shatter.

.... Or so I am told

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #31,484 of 148,542
That sounds like good advice if I happen to have liquid nitrogen with me. I have only seen that on cooking shows. I also corrected my spelling on facsimile, sometimes I just sound words out and the spell checker accepts them.
My wife is back in town and thus far we have kept our discussions to Frank Lloyd Wright and Falling Water in Pennsylvania and she really has not noticed the abuse our domicile incurred while she was away. Luckily none of the cats are dyed a deep red to match some headphone cables i was working on. One time I filled an entire room with the ashes from a wood stove when a shop vac malfunctioned. Who knew a himalayan cat was capable of giving you a dirty look as it tried to regain its original fur color? Some animals are incapable of taking a joke. I switched to Ragdolls after that, they are less emotional.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back