1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. rkw
    The documentation says, "Using pitch control playback, CDs can be played back at a different pitch (sound frequency and playback speed)." If it didn't change the speed, it would be the Gadget!

bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  2. artur9
    How big is the Alaskan audiophile population?

ScubaMan2017 and Ragnar-BY like this.
  3. sam6550a
    The pitch control varies the playback speed, so it also changes the pitch. The variable pitch is ONLY available if you use the internal DAC, it has no effect on the digital outputs.

4. Ableza
    Tascam began as a pro audio brand and elements of that remain. A pitch control on a CD player is often used by radio stations or audio production companies to slightly speed up a track and make it fit into an available time slot.

DeadMoonKing, kehorton and FLTWS like this.
  5. RCBinTN
    On music I'm familiar with, I can hear it when they speed up a track to make it fit.
    That bugs the Schiit out of me, and I discard that station as not caring what the music sounds like.

Turdski and FLTWS like this.
  6. Ableza
    In my experience that would describe most commercial radio stations. :)

Kn1nJa, kehorton, crazychile and 2 others like this.
  7. inmytaxi
    Isn't listening to any American FM station, by definition, not caring about the music you hear? I believe they all artificilly compress the music.

Ableza likes this.
  8. RCBinTN
    Agree. Kinda sad that advertising trumps music.
    My favorite station in Nashville never alters the music tempo.
    Independent station...http://lightning100.com/

9. Delirious Lab
    You say that like it's a bad thing. It's minus 17°C here in Ottawa.

ScubaMan2017 and US Blues like this.
  10. liamo
    Seasonal equipment, some day I’ll tell people “Got my winter system up and running, a bit late this year but the house is much warmer now”.

11. garbulky
    I was at a college radio station once. They used mp3s.

12. MWSVette
    I was at a radio station and they used 33's and 45's.

God, I am getting old...

:triportsad:

13. yonson
    I miss the 103 KDF days...

RCBinTN likes this.
  14. Thouston
    It has been my experience that a high quality 25 watt class A will sound better than a high wattage class A amp; unless the high wattage cost several thousand dollars. It has to do to the transformer wattage ratio.
    I would love to see Jason make a 25 watt class A amp that would be his signature component; like the Yggy is to Mike.

gld3gld3 likes this.
  15. garbulky
    What class A amps do you like out of the ones you've listened to?