1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Mike Foley
    Tongue in cheek, but a red rag for any reviewer of high end audio gear.

liamo likes this.
  2. liamo
    Poking the bear.

3. rkw
    Oops, I stand corrected!

4. US Blues
    That's fair, and I appreciate you quoting that portion of the review.

5. Timster
    +1

RCBinTN likes this.
  6. sam6550a
    You are beyond my engineering comprehension. Translation desired.

HumanFly likes this.
  7. OldRoadToad
    Just returned from Narnes & Boble where I ordered the vinyl of "Famous Blue Raincoat" for $45 but with 10% off because I a member there. Maybe that is the one you are talking about! No CD available but not a big deal as I will just hold off on my album purchases a few weeks. Besides, I have 4 Sinatra, 1 Count Basie and 1 Beach Boys album heading my way all ready! I look forward to listening to Miss Warnes soon.

Linda Ronstadt lives in Tucson some times. I have driven past her home and waved. Since I am an evile conservative she probably does not notice me, LOL! She was quite lovely prior to gaining some size. Looks like she could be on "Tons of Anarchy". She had a beautiful voice back in the day.

RCBinTN and liamo like this.
  8. liamo
    Philistinism is in ear of the beholder, that’s all he was saying....

9. liamo
    I was there wondering while awaiting car repairs recently and was shocked at the prices. The used shop is my well. As for Linda, that’s always a good listen.

10. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I'm beyond my own comprehension.
    I just follow up on bizar consequential thinking.
    Say something, doesn't matter what, and see if it tastes right.

RCBinTN and US Blues like this.
  11. Ableza
    Tastes just like licking the oil out of colanders.
    :darthsmile:

RCBinTN likes this.
  12. OldRoadToad
    In truth, I am not here to change any one's mind about any thing. When you think about it, who among you would want to tackle what amounts to a diaper filled with a life time of crap in it? My mind is my own to change as I desire and that is so for all here, but really now. What harm is there in expressing one's thoughts regarding equipment and music? None. Out of the Dylan discussion came my observation that I could not STAND Leonard Cohen and from that comment came recommendation to buy Jennifer Warne's "Famous Blue Raincoat" album. And so, with out ever hearing it (but I do know Miss Warnes) I went and ordered/paid for it. Why? Because I am familiar with Miss Warnes vocalizations but even more because some one here recommended it in good faith and at this moment in time I could afford it. If I could not yet afford it, I would have just waited and saved.

You know, words are not like a Christmas present. They can not be just taken back. But they can be over looked. They can be for given. They can be apologized for. They can be revisited and recalled. Why? Because what a person says is not all ways written in stone. No one here is either God or Moses. It is a hobby. It should be fun. I come here to shoot the Schiit and as I come closer and closer to owning a piece of the action (original Star Trek ALERT!), I can barely contain my self from writing a totally frAudiophile review just for the Hades of it! I just hope to hear the music loud and clear. Or soft and clear. But I hope to hear my life behind the notes, beyond the lyrics and through the years. That will be the Schiit...

If all we talked about here was Schiit this and Schiit that, instead of what Schitt allows us to hear, then this thread would be as intredasting as the farce that is "reality television". Karla Bonoff's "All My LIfe" is on. Exactly, my friends. Exactly.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Rensek, barondla, johnjen and 3 others like this.
  13. winders
    Bob Dylan is great. When you listen to him, if you are looking for a pure voice, you will be disappointed. His music is not about vocal purity. I would rather listen to no one else sing "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" or "The Times they Are A-Changin'".

Rensek and hearditontheX like this.
  14. AudioBear
    How do you know?

Yes it should be fun and a hobby and not taken too seriously. It's hard to be right or wrong about subjective opinions and personal preferences.

FWIW, IMHO Bob Dylan is a poet, Nobel Prize in literature (not singing). I was ok with the very old Dylan but he wore thin quickly. There are people with great voices, people who can't sing like me, and then there are poets like Dylan. How good he sings is sort of immaterial. He has had cultural impact far beyond his voice.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    mtkupp and aamefford like this.
  15. Pandahead
    Jason, if you're out there, hope this was a good week and the staff is feeling better and you're not Knockin' On Heaven's Door! Just sayin'